Got mine as a gift - which model is it?

cheapie

Still Fresh
I got a Pandora as a gift a while back. The person that gave it to me had forgotten whether it was a 600 MHz "Rebirth edition" or a 1 GHz unit. In the first boot wizard, I selected the 1000 MHz entry, and it seems to run stably. I found a stress test program, and it indicates that 1012 MHz is the maximum stable speed (I tried running it at 1100 MHz, and it has all sorts of issues at that speed). I also decided to try 1000 MHz OPP3 once, and that worked fine too. So, is this a 600 MHz unit that overclocks very well, or a 1 GHz unit that barely overclocks at all? The model number printed in the battery compartment is "PANDORA-1002".

assuming you haven't OC the memory/gpu this will tell for sure (it's something you need to do via command line)

run this on the command line:

cat /proc/pandora/sys_mhz_max

If it returns a 400 it's a 1GHZ, 332 it's a Rebirth/CC unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it doesn't have the sticker, and that command returns 332. So I guess it's a 600 MHz model that overclocks very well...

*starts notaz's stress test at 1000 MHz OPP3*

I routinely overclock my Rebirth to 800. Not willing to try it higher, afraid of frying something
The good thing with arm cpus is that you cannot really fry anything as they don't get very hot before hanging.
The cpu will just crash and should be back to normal after a reboot.

Only thing you can actually do to your Pandora is shortening the cpu overall lifetime when constantly running at opp5 instead of 3.

Overclocking will do no harm at all, overvolting (setting higher opplevel) will reduce cpulifetime.

overvolting (setting higher opplevel) will reduce cpulifetime
Estimated lifetime is still measured in years of continuous running at high voltage and speed. There's no need to be afraid.

Back