Got Them All Working, Thanks For Help!!

Kumaki

OK...the great news...I pretty much got the emu's I wanted working now.

I have the following emulators installed and working:

GPFCE - NES

SNES9X4P - SNES

GPSP - GBA

GNGB - GBC, GB

HUGO - PC Engine

Colem - Coleco

PicoDrive - SEGA Genesis, Master System

MAME4ALL Beta

PanMAME

Atari 7800

Dega - Sega Game Gear

FBA

Handy - Atari Lynx

MSX

Stella - Atari 2600

UAE4ALL - Amiga

Vice x64 - Commodore 64

JZINT - Intellivision

RACE - NEO_GEO Pocket

A weird thing about RACE - it will NOT go to menu-only, it won't even show up there...not even if it's in apps. Itwill ONLY show on desktop, period...so if you want it, it looks like you have to have it on your desktop, with an icon. You can put it in the apps folder and it will show on desktop, too...but it won't show in menu!!

The only other emulators I have considered were GNGEO - I don't seem to have any ROMS for that one, and not sure how many of the games I even like would work there...none of my FBA roms were detected in GNGEO. the other one I have considered is PCSXreARMed - Sony Playstation. the only thing there is I currently have no ROMS, and the one game I'd really be interested in is Dragon Warrior 7 - which probably won't work on this - it sure wouldn't on Dingoo!!

Apart from all this, now I'm looking for a good MP3 player and a good video player. Anyone have some suggestions as to which apps are really good and which ones aren't?

Basically, I just have a few videos I'd like to save and play...and a TON of MP3 files.

After I get all that done, then I just will need a few apps on the Pandora, and this thing is gonna be GOD. I already have virtually all the gaming I want, plus can surf the Web, I have Firefox on it...just need a few more things.

this thing is all sorts of awesome.

I'd like to thank everyone who was patient and kind with me while I was getting all this stuff working!

glad you got it working, it really is awesome for videos just grab vlc, and audacious for music,, both from repo, you may need the codec pack from here http://openpandora.org/downloads/CodecPack.pnd just run once and it will install them

Code:
Community Codec Package - for Pandora OS Release 2010-05 (Zaxxon)

Due to licensing issues, the Pandora does not have any licensed codecs like MP3 or MPEG-Video installed on the default OS. You can install them using this Codec Package.

This package will install Gnome-MPlayer as well as a lot of audio / video-plugins and enables NTFS-support.

To install it, simply download the .PND-Package and place it into either the /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop - Folder on your SD-Card.

Simply start it and follow the on-screen instructions. You can remove the .PND-Package from the card once it has been installed.

glad you got it working, it really is awesome for videos just grab vlc, and audacious for music,, both from repo, you may need the codec pack from here http://openpandora.o...s/CodecPack.pnd just run once and it will install them

Code:
Community Codec Package - for Pandora OS Release 2010-05 (Zaxxon)

Due to licensing issues, the Pandora does not have any licensed codecs like MP3 or MPEG-Video installed on the default OS. You can install them using this Codec Package.

This package will install Gnome-MPlayer as well as a lot of audio / video-plugins and enables NTFS-support.

To install it, simply download the .PND-Package and place it into either the /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop - Folder on your SD-Card.

Simply start it and follow the on-screen instructions. You can remove the .PND-Package from the card once it has been installed.

Thank you very much.

I shall have to try it.

UPDATE:

Downloaded them.

They seem nice. I have not yet put any videos or mp3s on them...do you just put them in the folder in appdata?

There is no folder specifically marked music or video or anything like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like your missing Temper - it's the best PC-Engine / Turbo Grafx emu

There is no Mupen64 in that list.

Other great emulators are missing: Daphne (Laser Disc emu), Dosbox, ScummVm and Qemu.

Never heard of Temper yet. Is it really any much better than Hugo?

Mupen64?? This is Nintendo 64? - I do not have any ROMS for that one - of course I know where to get some...hee hee...

Daphne, dosbox, Scumm, Qemu??

Ok...here's the deal, folks...I am very much an old-school gamer - not much into fighting games, or things like Metal Slug...although in the right mood I'm known to enjoy thousand-bullet-hell games.

Of the emu's mentioned that I currently don't have...what kinds of games are on them that might be of interest to me...bearing in mind I'm from the Pac-Man Era??

I'm 41 years old...I am nostalgic for anything and everything 80's.

Never heard of Temper yet. Is it really any much better than Hugo?

Mupen64?? This is Nintendo 64? - I do not have any ROMS for that one - of course I know where to get some...hee hee...

Daphne, dosbox, Scumm, Qemu??

Ok...here's the deal, folks...I am very much an old-school gamer - not much into fighting games, or things like Metal Slug...although in the right mood I'm known to enjoy thousand-bullet-hell games.

Of the emu's mentioned that I currently don't have...what kinds of games are on them that might be of interest to me...bearing in mind I'm from the Pac-Man Era??

I'm 41 years old...I am nostalgic for anything and everything 80's.

Yes, Mupen is a Nintendo 64 emulator. Daphne is a laserdisc games emulator (this can be of your interest since most LD games were made in the 80's, of course you have to love the genre), Dosbox is a DOS emulator, ScummVm is for point and click adventure games and Qemu allows you to play Windows 95/98 compatible games with the performance of a Pentium 66 Mhz.

Sounds to me as if Nintendo 64 and Daphne might be worth looking into for me.

I dunno much about DOS games, not too much into the point-and-click thing, and I never got too much into Windows games...although if it would play the Wndows version of Peggle, it just might be worth it....or could there possibly already be a Peggle for Pandora, that would be way awesome!

I'm not sure Peggle will even launch properly in windows 95 or 98 and if it did it would most likely not be full speed.. Although Peggle for Android works full speed with the Android Gingerbread in a PND.

hummm, though....it says Android might corrupt your card....eeesh, I spent a lot of work making this thing work, for just Peggle, methnks not.

Still would be cool to see a Peggle for Pandora.

I believe the corruption issue was resolved in the lattest Super Zaxxon firmware release and no one ever reported that it actually happened to them. I've been using it for several months without issues.

And you don't NEED to use a second SD card.

I don't even have a second SD card n at the moment. Just one. 32GB and it seems to be more than enough for my needs, at least so far.

I thought about putting an unformatted 1GB SD card in the other slot just so that junk won't get into the unused slot.

Back