GP Replacement Screen seasurements

Hanuka

Website
Visit site
could someone tell me the exact measurements of the gp32 screen-cover? I mean those you can get as replacement screens at gbax.com.
I had one made of glass, as my old one was broken but i somehow lost them both so now im here with an open display thats getting really frightening dusty and im too much of a pussy to take my gp anywhere like this - it could break.

would be a problem to order these screens directly from gbax.com - i want mine made of glass and the costs for those at gbax would be a pain in the ass 5 pounds plus shipping to germany plus i dont have a credit card. :(

thx in advance

The original plastic screen, which I removed to replace it with a glass screen (best thing I ever did) measures 77.8mm x 59.8mm, with rounded corners. The glass I use -2mm thick, cost me £1. I rounded the corners with a Dremel - you could use a file or abrasive stone.

i would like to have glass coated with anti-glare. Im still searching for that one. Do you know any supplier for such a thing? And, receed, where did you get the glass from?

I got plain 2mm glass from a glazier (or you could try a framing shop). There really isn't that much glare. I don't know whether you can get anti-glare coated glass. You
can get non-reflective glass but this is a bit frosty and affects the clarity. With plain glass however you will notice a difference in the definition and colour over the original plastic screen. One thing , if you have a FLU screen, glass doesn't bend so it is important to seal all the way round the edge, as well as the hole where the flu cable comes through, to prevent any dust getting in. I use UHU White Tack (far superior to BluTack)

Is there a link on how to change my screen to a glass one???

What are the benefits of a glass one and would it screw the GP if it shattered

cheers

Dean

Back