GP2PSX v0.31
PSX Emu on the GP2X

Grab this release at:
http://www.friggingames.com/gp2psx031.zip

----------------------
From the readme:
UPDATED January 25th, 2006:
New in this version:
- HLE should now work. Remember some games simply won't work with HLE. But try it out, as it may improve performance.
- Compiler options have been tweaked a bit to speed things up slightly.
- Code is still being cleaned up even further.
-----------------------

Yup, I think I fixed the bug that caused HLE to not work. It might also allow games previously not working with or without HLE to now work. The bug came from my testing of a ripped ISO that wasn't properly ripped. The ISO was Tactics Ogre, so if someone has the time to rip Tactics Ogre to a full BIN file and test it out on this version, please do! I'm hoping I didn't break other games with this release.

So HLE works now. I alsowould like to let people know that I am using the minimal library, and there is not one bit of assembly code in this project. I am speaking to some people who know ARM assembly to help improve performance. If others are out there that can help, once again, please message me! :)

Oh, I removed the PSX boot splash from loading, as it was tedious to watch. I also removed some debug text about CDROM labels and such. :)

So there you have it. I get around 8 FPS in 3D rendered scenes in FF Tactics, without overclocking. There's still a long ways to go. :/

Thanks for the support everyone! :)
ZodTTD

very cool i will try this but i cant find any roms :( is it easy to rip my own from my psone games

Is anybody actively testing the games and reporting the results @ the Wiki for each new version? I'd love to see the progress as far as how well the games work.

Awesome, keep up the great work, zodttd.

hm, i tried Civilization2 (shrinked with pocket iso) with the 0.30 version and without HLE i got the boot-logo. with HLE, nothing happened.
now with 0.31, in both cases nocthing happens, except the text "loading game with/without HLE emulation" :(

anyways, great to see you here again :)

Download DVDecrypter (on windows at least, maybe on linux/mac too, not sure) then put the disc in your DVD drive and fire up DVDecrypter. then go to read ISO or something like that under mode, or maybe tools.

Sorry for the vague walkthrough, but dvdecrypter actually got deleted along with my C drive a few weeks ago :( .Good luck :)

Yea Ive tried with/without HLE emulation on: Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy Origins, Valkyre Profile and i get stuck at loading, tried overclocking and everything. The only game that worked so far is FF Tactics, for some reason the fps counter is not showing up. Great progress so far, has anyone found a playable PS game?

ok what do i do after i insert megaman X4 in the cd drive and open pocket ISO :huh:

EDIT: i'll try what skate2live used

Yea Ive tried with/without HLE emulation on: Final Fantasy 4, Final Fantasy Origins, Valkyre Profile and i get stuck at loading, tried overclocking and everything. The only game that worked so far is FF Tactics, for some reason the fps counter is not showing up. Great progress so far, has anyone found a playable PS game?

Im at the same stage with ff7, and fft.

I've got a rip of Tekken 3 to load up and play with no graphical errors....it's really slow though...like 1fps I think without HLE.....maybe 2fps with HLE :p Frameskip and FPS counter don't seem to be working though.

just tried ridge racer revolutuion, in game graphics are great, still slow but i drove around today and graphics look great. wouldn't it make sense to have loads of people working on the code? i cant code but would that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back