Gp2x Arrived + Cool Book Etc.

Flavor

Daddy
Hey guys. I finally got a GP2X. It just arrived today. The only problem is that I don't have my SD card, yet. I ordered it from a different site, and my GP2X arrived much faster from Play-Asia.com than I expected. I think it was sent on Friday, and I received it this morning (Monday).

Is there anything interesting I can do with it without a SD card?

I was surprised to find that it came with firmware 1.2.0. I guess it is a from a newer batch. The SD card I ordered is a Kingston brand 1GB card. Is that going to be a problem?

I also got a book called The Encyclopedia Of Game Machines. I wanted to let you guys know that it's actually a really cool book. If you're into games at all (and why else would you be here), you should take a look at it. It's quite good.

Finally, I ended up with 2 coupons to Play-Asia.com. They are for $5 off of any order of $50+. If you want one and will use it for sure, let me know and I'll get you one of the codes. I guess I'll do this first come / first served. Just reply in this topic so people know the when they've been claimed. Oh, and also PM me as I'm not checking this thread much anymore.

I also got a book called The Encyclopedia Of Game Machines. I wanted to let you guys know that it's actually a really cool book. If you're into games at all (and why else would you be here), you should take a look at it. It's quite good.
I got that book a while ago. It's really slick and pretty cool. It is quite Euro centric, and glosses over some systems with barely a page or two - but overall a pretty nice package. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got that book a while ago.  It's really slick and pretty cool.  It is quite Euro centric, and glosses over some systems with barely a page or two - but overall a pretty nice package.

Yeah, I guess it would be Euro-centric since it was written by Germans. There are actually a lot of systems that only get a page or two. It seems like 2 pages is the norm, but some of the "bigger" systems get 4 pages or so. I actually like it that way, because it's meant to cover a lot of systems, but it's definitely not an exhaustive resource about any particular machine. It'd be a great conversation piece of coffee-table type of book. When I'm done reading it, I plan to bring it to my office and set it where anyone that comes in can browse through it.

Also, just as an update, one of the coupons has been spoken for, so there's one left.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back