Gp2x Dead?

stepp

Ive had my 2x for a while now and apart from the megadrive emualtor ( which gets boring after 20 mins of playing games for about 10 secs each ) theres nothing it does that is any good.

The build quaility is a joke, the joystick, well what can i say, ive never seen such a crappy joystick in 20 years of gaming.

I just got a DS Lite and the build quality is excellent, the games are amazing, the screens are bright AND MOST OF ALL it has a fucking joypad that i can actually play games with and not get frustrated.

Anyways im outa here people ive had enough of this plastic crap that you lot love, the graphics are shite and generally its just a piece of crap IMO.

Piece out and enjoy your 2x ( LMAO) :D

Well, you're not going to get a lot of pleasent replies with that leaving post :lol:

Sorry you didn't find the GP2X to your liking, but many would disagree with you on the graphical and game quality. Someday an amazing game is going to come along and you're going to regret turning your back on it.

;)

I just got a DS Lite and the build quality is excellent, the games are amazing, the screens are bright AND MOST OF ALL it has a fucking joypad that i can actually play games with and not get frustrated.

No shit sherlock, the DS is made by a big multi million / billion $$$ company with teams of dedicated game designers / programmers

Oh yea, good choice on the DS it seems to be more for the kids so would suite you great ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a 'GP32 Hardcore' and complains about how bad the GP2X is? :blink:

In a lot of aspects.. I agree with the topic creator. It doesn't live up to my expectations but I guess i expected a lot having bought a psp a mere 4 months before. Regardless, it's still a really great system that I enjoy and play everyday.

Ive had my 2x for a while now and apart from the megadrive emualtor ( which gets boring after 20 mins of playing games for about 10 secs each ) theres nothing it does that is any good.

The build quaility is a joke, the joystick, well what can i say, ive never seen such a crappy joystick in 20 years of gaming.

Anyways im outa here people ive had enough of this plastic crap that you lot love, the graphics are shite and generally its just a piece of crap IMO.

Piece out and enjoy your 2x ( LMAO) :D

Want to sell for cheap then? :)

I can't justify buying one myself because I have a PSP and DS already, but I would take this offensive machine off of your hands for a nice low price :)

I agree with the topic creator. I get a plain, unstable handheld just to be able to play nothing but the @&*!ing emulators. Just look at the recent upload list. Emulators, skins, boot sounds, more boot sounds, no homebrew = FAIL.

( which gets boring after 20 mins of playing games for about 10 secs each )
That perfectly supports my claim that while everyone with a GP2X is playing their emulators and nothing else, they are secretly not really having fun playing the games since they only play them for a short amount of time.

Good riddance.

Anyone who can't play Sonic 3 or other 16-bit classics for over 10 seconds should have never bought a GP2X in the first place.

I agree with the topic creator. I get a plain, unstable handheld just to be able to play nothing but the @&*!ing emulators. Just look at the recent upload list. Emulators, skins, boot sounds, more boot sounds, no homebrew = FAIL.
There is homebrew.
And there is a competition on right now.

The competition WILL bring out 4 ports (of which two of them are GP32 games), 2 emulators (one of them will be a system that is already emulated on the GP2X), and 1 homebrew game (not including the quality commercial games such as Epicenter's Stargazer).

The competition WILL bring out 4 ports (of which two of them are GP32 games), 2 emulators (one of them will be a system that is already emulated on the GP2X), and 1 homebrew game (not including the quality commercial games such as Epicenter's Stargazer).
Wow, somebody who thinks he's a psychic. Just what this forum needs.

eeek.

Wow, can you lend me your Christal globe, i could really use it for lottery.... oh wait, its faulty.

I would say that people who cant get fun out of the gp2x are either to young, or inexperienced, maybe also to dump and lazy but i don't want to insult anyone here.

If the gp2x isn't right for you sell it on ebay, no harm done, but theres no need to create aggressive topics.

I leave the topic open for now, but pleas don't let it drift into a total flamewar.

( which gets boring after 20 mins of playing games for about 10 secs each )
That perfectly supports my claim that while everyone with a GP2X is playing their emulators and nothing else, they are secretly not really having fun playing the games since they only play them for a short amount of time.

Two twerps don't yet make "everyone", or "they". :) :rolleyes:

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Back