Gp2X F200........ A Little Dissapointed (Not A Lot Just A Little)

azeluk

Still Fresh
So I've been running my Emulators on my galaxy s3 and have been using a moga controller in tandem.

But I've always wanted an OpenSource handheld plus my phones battery just drains after a few hours playing, so I did some research and decided on the gp2x f200 the price was good and the reviews were excellent, but for some reason I feel a little dissapointed in it.

Yes the emulation is good but my Android is better it can run pretty much all snes games without any slowdown and with full sound support when my gp2x f200 is kinda qwerky I can't help but feel deflated.

I really want this to be my can't live without gadget what else would you guys suggest to play on it.

Many thanks

Azel

You're forgetting that the GP2X is nearly10 years old, but that it also features an integrated control scheme and is fully open source.

Of course newer tech is bound to be better - every year Apple and co keep telling us this! What were you really expecting/hoping for? Why did you feel the need to go for a proper handheld device rather than sticking with your phone? Obviously something was lacking.

The GP2X is FAR from perfect and there are newer and better editions of GPH hardware (the Wiz and Cannoo), but there are also newer and more powerful things like the Pandora, Shield and JXD consoles etc. etc.

Despite it's (numerous) flaws the GP2X is still a great little machine and well worth what you paid for it. Perhaps you just expected too much. Perhaps you should ignore the emulation aspect of the GP2X and look at the awesome homebrew that will never appear on later devices.

Back