Gp2x F200 Delivered Jan/07

twojame

Website
my-cognatus.co.uk
Hi there chaps,

I've got a problem with my gp2x.... To be fair to gp2x.co.uk they have offered to take the unit back under warranty, but I thought I’d check with you guys first.

The power switch on my f200 is so tough to move I have to use my nail. Also sometimes it will not catch onto the on position. Requiring a final amount of pressure without movement to make the unit flip on. I can do this fine, but still it should just work as normal shouldn’t it? Given that we are paying over 100 notes for these

I've borrowed for over 6 months my bro's gp2x f100 mk2 and that was as smooth as silk with the actual power button and trust me I flipped it on and off a few hundred times to make my game.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. :)

edit 1: i've looked at the pics of the inside and it looks like a microswitched unit fixed onto the motherboard. That could be the issue, maybe the tolerances are incredibly fine?!?

Probably isn't connecting correctly and needs some adjustment. Since its under warranty however, it'll be far easier to just send it back then mess around with yourself (and possibly breaking it altogether).

Squidge said:
Probably isn't connecting correctly and needs some adjustment. Since its under warranty however, it'll be far easier to just send it back then mess around with yourself (and possibly breaking it altogether).
Thanks... Thats pretty much what i'm going to do next week. It works, but the issue is temperamental and enough to be bothersome... I was going to open it anyway to remove the rubber ext cover, but I won't bother now. I'm not sure there is much I can do if the issue is with the microswitch anyway.

Anyway it still works for now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back