Naruto 3D
Wipeout 3D racing clone
Gunbound clone

Other Development:
Game SDK with GCC 4.x
Sound core
Utility development for ARM
SDL/Lib C cross compiling toolchain

I don't know if this is what is being developed, or what has already been developed, but either way, it's good news!

Amazing that they can get away with saying that on their website, but still very good news. PSX and GBA are little shockers, be interesting to see just how well they run.

"Naruto 3D"? What is that?

Well this looks really awsome right now! Can't wait for mine to come, hope we see duke nukem 3d and maybe marathon too.

Is that really a good idea putting that on their site? I think not. They could attract the wrong kind of attention with that.

naruto is an extremely popular anime series, so its a 3d game i suppose.
i wonder what game theyll be porting.

as for ps, i wonder how thatl turn out. as theres 2 buttons short aswell.

and dosbox!! yay!!!

also, the wipeout clone seems very good, altho i havnt played wipeout. isnt it supposed to be a lil bit like f-zero??

are those games like the wipeout clone or Naruto 3D commercial games?
would be great, since we could see that it gets support.
Anyway this list is awesome..
only thing missing for me at launch now is a scummvm port, but that should be really hard to do... :)

Vimacs posted on Sep 30 2005 at 03:12 PM said:
I dont realy trust that list, it just sounds to good.

Well, that's probably stuff "in development", nothing that will neccessarily be usable or even remotely finished at launch.

The only things that really seem quite a bit odd to me on that list are Dosbox and the PSX emu. Dosbox is crawling on my computer and I can barely run the most crappy old DOS games. I don't really expect it to work on something like the GP2X... although if all you need are CGA/EGA games without sound and with frameskip turned to 8, then it could be possible. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
emulation is not illegal.

therefore they are fine to advertise emulators being in devopment. Emulators for all those consoles are available for the PC legally, so it's fine for GPH to state facts.

And any attention is good attention as far as they are concerned.

declaration posted on Sep 30 2005 at 01:53 PM said:

therefore they are fine to advertise emulators being in devopment. Emulators for all those consoles are available for the PC legally, so it's fine for GPH to state facts.

dependant on the country youre in and the patents that nintendo own.

i want GPH to be careful.
slashdot patent link

Dryer Lint posted on Sep 30 2005 at 01:33 PM said:
The only things that really seem quite a bit odd to me on that list are Dosbox and the PSX emu. Dosbox is crawling on my computer and I can barely run the most crappy old DOS games. I don't really expect it to work on something like the GP2X... although if all you need are CGA/EGA games without sound and with frameskip turned to 8, then it could be possible. ;-)

I think dosbox emulation anyway other than the coolness factor, is a bit of a dissapointment. With a few exceptions(most of those of those are in scummvm or id releases) are pretty poor having lived through the time when amiga/atari had games and DOS really didn't. dosbox is also a fairly messy emulator, with consoles its a simple image file, for dosbox its well DOS little files with protection on. I would like to see carmageddon on my GP2X but I can't see it being easy/fast enough for me to make the effort.

declaration posted on Sep 30 2005 at 01:53 PM said:

But you don't see Dell advertizing that their computers and PDAs emulate any system. Emus are not illegal but advertizing a system on it's ability to play pirated R0Mz is kind of a dodgy practice.

moz posted on Sep 30 2005 at 01:51 PM said:
i hope they dont get thier asses kicked for showing GBA

I hope they do, I can't imagine a better advertisement. GP2X will fly of the shelves. Every computing magazine would feature it.

Cyclops posted on Sep 30 2005 at 02:04 PM said:
moz posted on Sep 30 2005 at 01:51 PM said:
i hope they dont get thier asses kicked for showing GBA

I hope they do, I can't imagine a better advertisement. GP2X will fly of the shelves. Every computing magazine would feature it.
-sigh- and that is a good thing is it?

Well that swollen lump in my crotch says my excitement better than words ever can!

If there were truly to be PSX emulation!!!!

Of course, I'll wait and see, but there's plenty to be excited about!

Now..If only I were a part of this family, then...my life would truly be complete...

MulletFamily-med.jpg

//warning: unfounded assumptions ahead//

PSX
assuming the psx strongly relys on floating point operations this seems insane and out of reach.

dos box
knowing that the dos box emulates a cpu stronly relying on floating point operations makes this look even more insane.

however it still depends on the games you want to play.
still it's insane to emulate a fpu cpu on a non fpu cpu.

bla bla

//warning: i am a prick//

Back