GP2X Gp2x: My Fenix Games Don't Show

Mattz

Still Fresh
Ok here's the deal

Recently i noticed fenix as being a game development language for the GP32 & GP2X. I downloaded the runtime and loaded it onto my GP2x.
I loaded the example programs and they worked fine, but when i put my own .dbc files(Hello world example) and modified one of the executable for launching the .dbc on the GP2X(changed the file loaded).
I load up the program and nothing happens, just a blank screen. I have tried 'set_mode(320,240)' but that doesen't help.
Can someone please tell me how to fix this problem?

Also a .prg example that works on the Gp2X(so i can see how to code it) would be highly appreciated.

Thankyou

Matt

Estopero posted on Aug 16 2006 at 11:52 PM said:
Hi mates!!! hi puck ;). Mattz dont worry the problem its surely the compiler version, i tried with the 0.84 b and 0.84 of official website but i didnt get to run it, but i got this (link above) version from another fenix programmer and it runs great!

http://www.gp32spain.com/foros/attachment....mp;d=1154418187

Un saludo!

Yes, that is the Windows version, if you use Linux, let me know and I will attach the Linux one.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried using the compiler estopero posted but the same thing happens. But puck could you upload one of the test programs(.prg bit) please so i can see if i am coding anything wrong. heres what i have coded my program with.

program test;
begin
set_mode(320,240);
x = 0;
y = 100;
write(0,100,100,0,"Hello Matt");
while (y < 230)
x += 1;
move_text(1,x,y) ;
frame 25;
if (x > 317)
x = 0;
y += 20;
end;
end;
end;

Is there somthing wrong with mine?? ( it works perfect on the pc).

Matt

Ok I've fixed the problem. I replaced one of the test .dbc files and used it's loaded(unaltered) and now it works.

Thankyou everone who game me help :)

Matt

Mattz posted on Aug 18 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
Ok I've fixed the problem. I replaced one of the test .dbc files and used it's loaded(unaltered) and now it works.

Thankyou everone who game me help :)

Matt

I don't understand.

I'm getting the same thing, prg works fine on pc, shows blank screen on gp2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back