Gp2x N-gage Qd D-pad Mod Cad Files Released

DaveC

Internal Development
Here are all of the CAD files for the N-gage QD D-pad mod that I did. It includes all gerber and exellon files for PCB manufacture as well as 3D CAD models for the pad mod itself. Do what you want with these. Mod them for your own use, reproduce and sell them and make a fortune, they are now public domain :)

I realize that not everyone can use these but if you can have fun.

http://www.geocities.com/dcancilier@sbcglo...GP2Xdpadmod.zip

MODS: please take the zip file here and put into the archive then change the link.

Pity you aren't making these any more! They are so awesome! My MKII has never been better with this mod.

I still have a MKI kit that I will apply to my MKI in the near future. Thanks for designing and producing these, I think they made the GP2X that much better solving it's biggest problem: the controller.

slaanesh said:
Thanks for designing and producing these, I think they made the GP2X that much better solving it's biggest problem: the controller.
Couldn't agree more!

Cheers Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a great mod - if you have a mk1/2 and still have the stick (and you can get the parts / have the necessary skill) I'd definately recommend it. Thanks Dave for investing the time and effort to produce this.

Dave - out of interest, how does the F200 pad compare to your mod pad?

Great! Thanks for this. I actually owned a QD for quite some time, and I personally really loved its control pad. I can imagine this would be *great* on the GP2x.

tnx for these, i finished my mod but i used your tutorial to get an idea of the design so i could get mine to work :)

andyB911 said:
Its a great mod - if you have a mk1/2 and still have the stick (and you can get the parts / have the necessary skill) I'd definately recommend it. Thanks Dave for investing the time and effort to produce this.

Dave - out of interest, how does the F200 pad compare to your mod pad?
Well thanks for the comments (everyone).

The F200 "pad" is not really a pad but instead it is 4 disconnected buttons. I must say that unfortunatly (unfortunate as they aren't made anymore) my mod kills the F200 "pad". The action is much better.

I originally did this as a way to try to improve the community. I felt that users especially devs would be more enthusiastic about their projects if their unit controlled better. As it is alot of work to do it was never intended as a money maker, and it wasn't. Devs make emus and games and I couldn't. I donated and/or sold some of these at cost. Unfortunatly some of the parts (pins) proved difficult to get at a reasonable cost. So it never got anywhere. Maybe someone could use these files I hope.
Reesy said:
slaanesh said:
Thanks for designing and producing these, I think they made the GP2X that much better solving it's biggest problem: the controller.
Couldn't agree more!

Cheers Dave.

Your welcome. Thanks for all of the great emus you have made for us over the years. DrMD was great, your SMS/GG emus were nice super fast and optimised, and I still use PocketSNES today as my default SNES emu.

@ Slaanesh thanks for all of your great emu work too. Glad the pad works nice for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back