Gp2x Wifi Links Browser

GP2X

Still Fresh
I Know We Now Have Links Browser For The GP2X, At Least PSP Users Have Built In WIFI + Links Browser, But How Do You Get WIFI On The GP2X, and How Do You get Links Browser To Load I Tried It But No Luck Black screen ECT, I Used To Have a PSP But It Got Stolen, One Thing I Liked About The PSP Was The Built In WIFI and Browser, It Was Neat Going Online At Hotspots and Surfing,

Well, you need to hack around a little to get wifi working. You can use a usb wifi adapter but you will need a break out box for that. You can buy one from some guy here on the board (sorry, I forgot the nickname...) or you can wait a little while until gph release their own, or you can make one yourself. There are tutorials on how to do that on the wiki. Then you will need apropriate drivers to make the device work. With the newest firmware there should be networking drivers in the kernel but I don't really know how to go on about loading them and setting up your wifi device. There are also sdio cards out there that have both memory and wifi but I don't think anybody has actually ever used one and made wifi connectivity work...

Well, you need to hack around a little to get wifi working. You can use a usb wifi adapter but you will need a break out box for that. You can buy one from some guy here on the board (sorry, I forgot the nickname...) or you can wait a little while until gph release their own, or you can make one yourself. There are tutorials on how to do that on the wiki. Then you will need apropriate drivers to make the device work. With the newest firmware there should be networking drivers in the kernel but I don't really know how to go on about loading them and setting up your wifi device. There are also sdio cards out there that have both memory and wifi but I don't think anybody has actually ever used one and made wifi connectivity work...

It's probably not worth it to bring up SDIO at this point. Consensus seems to be that since the drivers are proprietary (I have no idea if this is true or not) we won't see SD + WIFI anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, scare him!!
No, really, i hope he got scared and ran away.
And i don't know why, buy i think my english is crap, can someone confirm this?

I got internet working on GP2X by using Qtopia and Opera web browser; but i wasn't using a wifi adapter, I was using the built in USB connection.
And i don't know why, buy i think my english is crap, can someone confirm this?
Yes, I can confirm that XD

Back