Gp2x Wiz: Did Gph Goof Again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaustein

I was planning to buy both a Wiz and Pandora until I looked very carefully at the Wiz promotional pics. That's when I noticed that A/B/X/Y are arranged into a D-Pad. Aaaugh! We wanted a D-Pad for cardinal directions, *not* for action buttons! What if you have to hold X+Y at the same time? Are the GPH crew afraid of success? Every time they do a bunch of things right, they have this compulsion to do one thing that's really, really stupid. Oh well, I've already supported GPH w/ my original purchase of a GP2X F100.

vaustein said:
I was planning to buy both a Wiz and Pandora until I looked very carefully at the Wiz promotional pics. That's when I noticed that A/B/X/Y are arranged into a D-Pad. Aaaugh! We wanted a D-Pad for cardinal directions, *not* for action buttons! What if you have to hold X+Y at the same time? Are the GPH crew afraid of success? Every time they do a bunch of things right, they have this compulsion to do one thing that's really, really stupid. Oh well, I've already supported GPH w/ my original purchase of a GP2X F100.
:wacko:

Gph didn't goof. You did... by not keeping up on current events. The Wiz will have proper face buttons, it was just delayed a month to November some time to replace the dpad with proper buttons, add a 3.5mm headphone jack, and tweak the UI/Firmware.

X

Last edited by a moderator:
GPH have already said that they are changing the right dpad to buttons before release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back