GP2X Wiz on Attack of the Show

LuciferRising

GP2X Wiz got a quick mention on the tv show Attack Of The Show about a week and a half ago here in the States on G4 network. I'm curious if this caused a spike in Pandora orders at all? Ultimately this how I found out about the Pandora and ended up ordering one. I'm sure I'm not the only one. The Show is fairly popular with techies, gamers etc.

Didn't see this mentioned anywhere. My apologies if I overlooked it.

When 'The Screen Savers' became 'Attack of the Show' and got rid of Leo Laporte I quit watching. Last time I watched it was years ago but it sucked, maybe I'll give it another try. Are they still a bunch of morons that know nothing about technology?

EDIT: What was the date it was on, the one with the wiz?

EDIT: Feb 22nd for those that want to find a better source for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
When 'The Screen Savers' became 'Attack of the Show' and got rid of Leo Laporte I quit watching. Last time I watched it was years ago but it sucked, maybe I'll give it another try. Are they still a bunch of morons that know nothing about technology?

EDIT: What was the date it was on, the one with the wiz?

Not sure about the date. It seems to be common concensus that the show was better "back in the day" before I even knew about it. It's mildly entertaining at best. I have seen them review a device and then next day say "whoops we were completely wrong about that".

Well, back when Leo Laporte was on it and it was named 'The Screen Savers' it was a bunch of geeks talking about geeky things. You could actually learn something by watching it but it was hilarious also. They used to have segments on Linux and Apple also but after they started getting most of their funding from Microsoft things changed and although it was still funny they didn't do much else besides avoid the virus, malware, and Trojan news of MS products. In fact it was funny because they had to hint about how flawed the software they were talking about was but couldn't directly say anything bad about it. When someone phoned in or e-mailed about a Linux problem or question they had to hurry through that segment.

Eventually the whole station was bought out and they fired the funny geeks and hired stupid beautiful people. People were so mad about getting rid of the old staff that they changed the name from 'The Screen Savers' to 'Attack of the Show'. One of the first episodes of the new 'Attack of the Show' made fun of people that used to watch it when it was 'The Screen Savers' and I never watched it again. it's ratings has never gotten so high as they were before Microsoft started funding them and restricting what they could do on the show.

Oh well, I'll watch this one and sustain brain damage because I'm sure they're so hip and stupid it hurts. I really want to see the Wiz on TV though.

Yes, I can confirm that it is the 22nd of February episode and that yes, it does cause brain damage. So you don't have to watch the entire thing skip through 36 or so min of the episode and it is right around there.

I think they're funded by Google now, half of the show is stupid youbute videos. I got sick of watching them so I fast-forwarded to the Wiz 15 second segment skipping an interview with a WWF wrassler. Oh, the good stuff you get from this show. Go to their website and they have an article of how ICP supports net neutrality. Oh weeeeee, the guys I hold in high regard.

Oh yeah, and yes, the hosts are stupid but they're beautiful so we love them. . .

^ I remember how the network was ZDTV-- it was good then, i vaguely remember-- then it became TechTV, and was still good for a long time... Then it became G4/TechTV. It started to go downhill big-time... and now as G4 alone it has completed the transition from being about cool geeky stuff to being about Xbox gamers, girls who pretend to like video games to keep ratings up, and stupid shows that have nothing to do with technology. I mean, there was one good thing on television... and it went away.

What The F@^k, America?! I have to stop thinking about this. I'm going to make myself sick.

I mean, there was one good thing on television... and it went away.

What The F@^k, America?! I have to stop thinking about this. I'm going to make myself sick.

Yeah, and we're canceling Firefly, too! What's that? You hate laughtrack-filled sitcoms containing nothing but stupid, overused jokes, ridiculous clichès and regurgitated storylines? Here's twenty of them! And we'll have them airing all day, every day on EVERY AMERICAN TELEVISION NETWORK IN EXISTENCE!

^ Well, it was who was funding the channel through commercials. Whoever was funding it *cough*Microsoft*cough* mandated the shows be one big advertisement for their products. I think the first time I ever had anyone suggest not using IE was from Patrick Norton, the co-host of The Screen Savers. It seems like they were always showing off good software to use on windows that was better than what was in windows but that all changed when they got their biggest funder. They even stopped the reg-edit segment with that hot chick that was a total computer geek. Like I said, at the end they were hinting to people calling in on what to use to fix their computers because their hands were tied.

I remember one of the last episodes with Leo Laporte interviewing some big whig from MS about their new media center XP remix and Leo was not his usual happy self, and that is weird for him. When the question of security came up the MS guy said 'oh yeah, XP media center has no problems' and when Leo pointed out it was built on XP and 'didn't it inherit the security problems?' the MS guy lied up and down reaffirming it didn't have any problems. Leo had his hands tied, he became a purveyor of lies, and he physically looked tired. I think he quit after that, I'm sure if all the show had become was a giant ad to sell one companies products the show was just not worth doing anymore.

Anyway, it was never the ratings, they were high, even internationally, I think it was one companies need to shut down a highly rated station that pushed it's competitor's products. Leo was a big Apple user and they all dual booted Linux. Call me a conspiracy nut but I watched every episode up until the models from 'Attack of the Show' made fun of all the people that watched it before it was renamed.

Now oddly enough I think they're funded by Google, like I said, like half of the episode I watched that had the wiz in it was just youtube videos.

although, we never even had this channel up until g4techtv here in ohio on at&t. i dont remember ever seeing a show called screen savers, and i always though aots was a brand new thing that quickly took over xplay, so you cant blame a company for wanting to go bigger, even at the cost of its soul :{

I am the producer of AOTS and you guys are really starting to piss me off! Ha. Just kidding. But now I'm sorry I brought it up. Seems like I'm just bringing up bad memories for everyone. You guys are right though.

Anyway because of that lame show I am now waiting for a pandora. I've been into emulators for years but for some reason was completely in the dark about the pandora.

I was curious whether the show would have any impact on Pandora sales, but I guess the main demographic for the show wouldn't be interested in it anyway. Kind of weird the Wiz even popped up there. It is very rare they even mention a handheld (unless its a phone).

Back