Gp2X Wiz Tv-Out - Howto Und File Now Available !

andymanone

Website
korg.radias.de
Hi folks, sorry 4 delay,

but i´m very busy at the moment :(
But now finally i´ve done the upload including a little Howto (make an DIY video cable) and the proper code to switch the GP2x WIZ into the TV-OUT mode :D !

Important !
Disclaimer:
All modifications at your own risk ! Keep in mind, the warranty of your WIZ will lost at any incorrect modification or a damage as result!

Download: GP2x WIZ TV OUT Solution

So , wish ya much pleasure and hope, you enjoy it :) .

Best regards
andYMan

Excellent work, I hope to build a cable soon.

Would it it be possible to share the source code for enabling TV out so It can be integrated into applications?

Just a quick question, does this work with an unmodified GP2X cradle/tv-out cable? I saw the cradle pictures, but was wondering if it had internal modifications...

I read somewhere on here that the official GP2X TV-Out cable has a different pin configuration than the Wiz. However, would it be easier to just change the pin configuration in the GP2X TV-Out cable to match what the Wiz needs? Seems like it should work. Can anyone confirm if that would work with the Wiz?

fett42 said:
I read somewhere on here that the official GP2X TV-Out cable has a different pin configuration than the Wiz. However, would it be easier to just change the pin configuration in the GP2X TV-Out cable to match what the Wiz needs? Seems like it should work. Can anyone confirm if that would work with the Wiz?

There is one problem. At my GP2x TV out connector some pins are missing. Only the pins really used are present.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooka said:
Just a quick question, does this work with an unmodified GP2X cradle/tv-out cable? I saw the cradle pictures, but was wondering if it had internal modifications...

No, the pin-out is different. The cradle is modified internally...

Hi Guys

I just came across this : http://www.jackofallgames.co.uk/tvout-cable-for-gp2x-wiz-p-2214.html

I emailed the website asking when they will have some back in stock again and he said mid February 2010 :)

Because the site you said in the guide ships in a very long time (if economic :p), I ask you if this cable should work equally or not (http://cgi.ebay.it/CAVO-USB-xxx-SAMSUNG-D720-E620-E720-E810-I300-P730-S341_W0QQitemZ350283222813QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAccessori_per_Cellulari?hash=item518e81cf1d)
Besides, sorry for the ignorance, but the second cable is a normal RCA one?

Thank you for hearing, and sorry for my bad english :) ..

The connector of this cable will fit the wiz. However, you cannot be sure if it does have all the pins or just the ones needed for USB (which are at the wrong positions). You should ask the seller about it.

I just got my connectors and made one of these. Ordered 3 of them and needed them all because I ruined two soldering them. I wanted the make a note here about the pin layout, which in your document it's described as 24 ... 1 for the pin numbers. That order is with the top of the connector facing down. Here is a diagram of the working pin layout:

Code:
+---------------------------------------------------+
|   1 2                ...                      24  |
+-+                                               +-+
  |                                               |
  +-----------------------------------------------+

I have a GP2X video out cable that I took apart hoping to modify. Sadly I am stuck there because this is an S-Video cable which means there are 4 wires for the video instead of two. The audio cables have 2 wires each, one wire is unshielded. Is there anyone who is wire savy that could help me make a video out cable from the GP2X video out cable? Any point in the right direction would be of big help. About the only thing I know from the cable is the pin configuration for the lead end of the S-Video wire.

fett42 said:
I have a GP2X video out cable that I took apart hoping to modify. Sadly I am stuck there because this is an S-Video cable which means there are 4 wires for the video instead of two. The audio cables have 2 wires each, one wire is unshielded. Is there anyone who is wire savy that could help me make a video out cable from the GP2X video out cable? Any point in the right direction would be of big help. About the only thing I know from the cable is the pin configuration for the lead end of the S-Video wire.

there is no S-Video. It's a CVBS or composite video out. One pin is the ground. There's 1 pin for video, and 2 pins for audio. All 3 of them are grounded to the 1 ground, so it's 4 wires/pins total. I'm surprised there hasn't been as much feedback to this thread as I would expect, since TV-out was sort of a misidentified feature some of us bought the wiz to have in addition to it's small size. really it should be pretty simple to solder an RCA connector to the 2 pins required for video, but does audio still come out of the wiz in that mode? If not it will definitely be more challenging of a connector to make.

Back