Gp2x-write: A Text Editor For Gp2x V1.0.1

zx-81

Certified Guru
Website
zx81.zx81.free.fr
gp2xwrite-snap-v101.jpg

I'm pleased to announce the first release of GP2X-Write a simple text editor for the GP2X.

It permits to edit even huge text file, in both dos and unix mode, using iso8859-1 (8bits) characters encoding. All iso8859-1 characters are present in the "Danzeff like" virtual keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
[cut]
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

You can download it on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.[/cut]

zx-81 said:
gp2xwrite-snap-v101.jpg

I'm pleased to announce the first release of GP2X-Write a simple text editor for the GP2X.

It permits to edit even huge text file, in both dos and unix mode, using iso8859-1 (8bits) characters encoding. All iso8859-1 characters are present in the "Danzeff like" virtual keyboard.

How to use it ? Everything is in the README.txt file.
[cut]
Sources are included, and this package is under the GNU public license,
read COPYING.txt file for more information about it.

You can download it on my blog :
http://zx81.zx81.free.fr/

Enjoy,

Zx.[/cut]

Hi, can a USB keyboard be used in it?

Last edited by a moderator:
This looks like a very complete piece of software, thanks a lot zx! :)

I like the rather unique virtual keyboard, how fast can you type on it?

JimmySlam said:
Hi, can a USB keyboard be used in it?
Unfortunatelly not ... but it shouldn't be so complex to do, i've done it already for IR keyboard on PSP.

@Alex: not really fast, but if you want to read a text file or just modify it a bit, it's good enough

@zacaj: yes

Great App! I've been waiting for a text editor like this!

Very, very good app, thanks a bunch, zx-81 we needed something like this (vi in sterm is a nightmare).

Just one slight feature request:
To make this the killer GP2X text editor, we need a quick-undo command. I find myself making mistakes all the time, even though the interface is as good as anyone could create.

Just one slight feature request:
To make this the killer GP2X text editor, we need a quick-undo command. I find myself making mistakes all the time, even though the interface is as good as anyone could create.

yes, it could be useful :)

A virtual keyboard for use with the touchscreen of the F200 would be cool too.

fusion_power said:
How can I enable Numbers and special characters on the virtual keyboard? haven't found this yet.
Using l-trigger and r-trigger you can switch between several virtual keyboard ;)

zx-81 said:
fusion_power said:
How can I enable Numbers and special characters on the virtual keyboard? haven't found this yet.
Using l-trigger and r-trigger you can switch between several virtual keyboard ;)

THX. :) This should be added in the readme ;)

fusion_power said:
THX. :) This should be added in the readme ;)
Yes you're right. this kind of virtual keyboard is used in many different psp homebrew so people are already used to it, but it's not the same on the gp2x scene.

Back