Gp2xpectrum 1.5

Metalbrain

Still Fresh
Another version! This time it's all thanks to Seleuco, who took the task of fixing the sound for himself and has surpassed everyone's expectations!

http://www.speccy.org/metalbrain/GP2Xpectrum1.5.zip

What's new:
- Fixed Sound emulation. Speaker & AY sounds OK now. New DSP Code. More accurated and there are fewer buffer underruns.
- Added stereo sound for the speaker & AY.
- Added sound mode selector: No sound, Mono, Stereo Beeper, Stereo AY, Stereo ALL.
- Added sound rate mode selector: 44100,32000,22050,11025KHz
- Added sound mute selector: Off,Low, High. Low is best for the f200 owners
- Added emulation speed mode: from -75% to + 75 %. Try to play ManicMiner 75% faster and and live to tell it
- Added FPS selector.
- Added VSYNC selector.
- Bug fix saving configuration.
- updated mmuhack
Note: The stereo sound needs more resources, try to change the cpu clock or change the sound mode if you have sound glitches.

Hehe, and I posted about this before in the emulation forum as well :) Thanks again for this, it is absolutely awesome!

Uh ohh...found a bug! :p

I was running the emulator fine on my F200, and then decided to adjust the ini file to reflect a new rom directory. I then deleted my old directory (roms/spectrum/) and the two directories "img" and "saves" inside of that. Inside of one of these was a config file for the emulator that I am assuming gets generated on first run.

After this, the emulator fails to boot past the first credit screen. It freezes the F200 and a loud buzz omits from the speakers.

I then ran the same card on an F100, and it went in to the emulator fine. It created the directories again as well as the config file. Popped the card BACK into the F200, and of course it works fine now.

Bottom line is that the emulator seems to have a bug in which the directories & config file cannot be generated on first run on an F200. You would never know this however if you have ever used a previous GP2Xpectrum release, as you would have ALREADY had the config file on the card, and the latest version would just boot right in. BUT, if you are a brand new user on an F200..well...it just will not function.

Can anyone else confirm?

zektor said:

I was running the emulator fine on my F200, and then decided to adjust the ini file to reflect a new rom directory. I then deleted my old directory (roms/spectrum/) and the two directories "img" and "saves" inside of that. Inside of one of these was a config file for the emulator that I am assuming gets generated on first run.

After this, the emulator fails to boot past the first credit screen. It freezes the F200 and a loud buzz omits from the speakers.

I then ran the same card on an F100, and it went in to the emulator fine. It created the directories again as well as the config file. Popped the card BACK into the F200, and of course it works fine now.

Bottom line is that the emulator seems to have a bug in which the directories & config file cannot be generated on first run on an F200. You would never know this however if you have ever used a previous GP2Xpectrum release, as you would have ALREADY had the config file on the card, and the latest version would just boot right in. BUT, if you are a brand new user on an F200..well...it just will not function.

Can anyone else confirm?
I'd say it's confirmed, seems to be the same reported here:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/show...9543#post239543

A patch should come soon...

Last edited by a moderator:
Metalbrain said:
zektor said:

Can anyone else confirm?
I'd say it's confirmed, seems to be the same reported here:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/forums/show...9543#post239543

A patch should come soon...

Opps, didn't see that! Good to hear!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I have no F-100 to generate the config file, I had to do a different workaround to make it work in my F-200.

I created a blank text file named gp2xpectrum.cfg inside the default directory (roms/spectrum/saves), and it worked. :lol:

Anyway, thanks for the release. :)

Back