gp32 freelauncher won't start any games

no_skill

gp2x! bananas! mayhem! mayham!
Website
72dpiarmy.com
hi,

i've just got my new gp32, registered at english.gamepark.com - everything fine so far.

but when i started gp32auth i got a blank error message, but after this everything was fine - it sayd registration sucessfull and i loaded the freelauncher.

but in the games menu the first entry (freelauncher, got no commercial games), is a blue rectangle. and when i start it and try to launch a game an error box opens with some chinese signs.

what's wrong?

i also tried getting the free launcher on the 2nd way (#gp32), but i've got the same problem.

please help me, no_skill

do you have your free games .fxe file in the /GPMM folder on your smc?

yeah. i can select them in the freelauncher menu.
but when i press a mesage in chinese / korean occurs. (only the a buttons works, and if i press it i get back to the freelauncher menu)

hmmm, that happened to me a while back when i first got my GamePark, but it only happend for a few games. All I did, if I remember correctly, is reformat the SMC and reinstall free launcher. Sorry thats all I can offer.

i already reformatted the smc three times.
and i've installed the freelauncher about six times.

the smc has 2mb (3,3V of course), maybe this causes an error?

but i think i've got about 1meg memory left on the smc.

i already reformatted the smc three times.
and i've installed the freelauncher about six times.

the smc has 2mb (3,3V of course), maybe this causes an error?

but i think i've got about 1meg memory left on the smc.
That is exactly what your problem is. Get a bigger SMC.

I had the same problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
my 8mb SMC worked, i used it till my 128mb one came :) so yours should work... but dude, get a bigger one like 64mb or 128mb, they're dirt cheap now... you can get 128mb ones for about £22 inc postage :)

128mb already on the way :)

are you sure the 2mb smc card is the problem?

the error box when starting gp32auth also worries me. i'm behind a firewall, maybe something went wrong during registration (althoug the prog said everythings ok)

hmm... in mp3 mode it works fine.

i'll get a 8mb card tomorrow.
and a 128meg card next week :)

i hope the card caused the error.

thanks!

--------------------- add

i just got a 8mb card and everything works fine.
mr spivs multi firmware rules!

the error box when starting gp32auth also worries me. i'm behind a firewall, maybe something went wrong during registration (althoug the prog said everythings ok)
That happens for everyonw AFAIK... Prolly something saying that you don't have korean language support installed...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back