GP32 Games

ginjaninja23

Still Fresh
I have had my GP32 for about a month now and I am very pleased with it.
At the moment I have snes emu up and running along with PcEngine and Atari ST. I havent got around to getting movies playing yet.
My question is. Is there any good games for the GP32. Yes the emu games are great but they don't really show off the power of the GP32.

Thanks a lot.

honestly, I doubt any of the members of this forum specifically bought a GP32 for hope of good commercial software. it's a portable emu box, plain and simple, with the nice extra functions of MP3 and Divx movies (and of course homebrew games, perhaps to a lesser extent)

whatever games happen to come out developed specifically for the system.. well they aren't going to win any awards so far from what I have read/seen of them (pics/vids/demos). there may be some interesting titles in the near future but nothing on the level of, say, a Triple A GBA game. Absolutely not. If that's what you want, your money is better spent on that system.

honestly, I doubt any of the members of this forum specifically bought a GP32 for hope of good commercial software. it's a portable emu box, plain and simple, with the nice extra functions of MP3 and Divx movies (and of course homebrew games, perhaps to a lesser extent)

whatever games happen to come out developed specifically for the system.. well they aren't going to win any awards so far from what I have read/seen of them (pics/vids/demos). there may be some interesting titles in the near future but nothing on the level of, say, a Triple A GBA game. Absolutely not. If that's what you want, your money is better spent on that system.
Nah I was just wondering I have a GBA for the likes of Zelda LTTP Mario kart etc. I love my GP32 I was just enquiring thats all. Its just if they made some good games maybe it would see a Euro release.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a few good games about. The only one I've got is Pinball Dreams, and thats good - you can just play a quick game when you've got a few moments to spare. I had it on the Amiga, so Im a big fan. Its only a few pounds, so I think it worth it. Doesn't really show off the GP32 though.

You can download Pinball Dreams and some other commercial games off www.entware.com (after paying for them), which means you don't have to import them. I think GPFight is supposed to be good.

insertcredit has a roundup of all the available commercial games, as of a few months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can get Her Knights from entware, so I guess you have to import it or something.

There are a few good games about. The only one I've got is Pinball Dreams, and thats good - you can just play a quick game when you've got a few moments to spare. I had it on the Amiga, so Im a big fan. Its only a few pounds, so I think it worth it. Doesn't really show off the GP32 though.

You can download Pinball Dreams and some other commercial games off www.entware.com (after paying for them), which means you don't have to import them. I think GPFight is supposed to be good.

insertcredit has a roundup of all the available commercial games, as of a few months ago. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can get Her Knights from entware, so I guess you have to import it or something.
Yeah when I bought my GP32 I got Pinball Dreams with it. I had this little gem also back in the Amiga days. Wish they would do a re-make of Skidmarks. Now that would be cool :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh man...now you got me dreaming. I haven't been able to get Skidmarks to work on an emulator either. I miss that game.

I've bought quite a few of the commercial games and they range from crap to great. None of them have graphics that really show off the GP32, infact some look worse than emulated PCEngine games ;)

I don't have Pinball Dreams as it's not really my thing, I've played the demo a bit and it's ok I guess. Some people swear by it..

Tomak was hyped up a bit, but I think it kinda sucks.. Bad frame rate and mindless gameplay. It doesn't really feel as though you're having any impact on what's happening, meh..

I didn't like GP-Fight at first, it's quite difficult. The first level is frustrating but once you get past that it's really fun.. The graphics are nice and remind me of River City Ransom on the nes a bit. Definitely worth getting in my opinion.

Mill is good, but I've found quite alot of (reproduceable) crash bugs (haven't tried the patch yet, so hopefully it fixes them). It's a fun game, sort of a cross between Zelda and Princess Crown on the saturn.. I REALLY hope it gets translated, more so than ASR. The graphics are good, but I wish they were more animated (water falls/rivers are static, etc which looks silly).

Little Wizards looks great in screenshots but plays as if it's at "frameskip 20". It feels like 5fps at most. It's actually a fun game with nice character designs, etc.. But the frame rate ruins it for me. It doesn't bother some people though, so maybe I'm just a neogeo snob.

ASR is nice, and plays a little like a Shining Force game. Great looking, but I'd rather play an english Shining Force game on the SMS emulator.

I don't really like Her Knights, I tried to like it.. I really tried.. But EVERYONE else seems to love it.

"Dyhard with infinite stairs" has the best title ever, but is trash. Don't bother. Well actually it's not terrible but maybe not worth the 14,000 joygp are asking. If it was 8,000 like the Hany games then it would be a better buy.

The two Hany games are really fun. They're worth getting if you want something cheap and fun. The puzzle one is better than the tower one (which is fun, but gets old).

Kimchi Man is alright. It looks nice enough but is not really my thing. Same with Super Plusha. They're both programmed competantly enough but the design is lacking :(

Rally Pop is ok, and has a really nice style (in my opinion). It gets old pretty quick though, I'm sure it's fun in 2 player linkup/rf mode though..

Anyway, give GP-Fight a chance. It's the best looking/playing GP32 game in my opinion, followed by Mill.

GP Fight is actually a bit of a clone of one of the Kunio games. I can't think of the title off hand, but it was one of the multiplayer NES ones. Same exact theme of just beating the crap out of each other with whatever you can find laying around and weird obstacle courses.

Back