Gp32/gp2X/wiz/dingoo Coding Competition

Iorgy77

emu parasite kid
Website
Visit site
WEB PAGE IS LIVE: http://webpoint-servers.com/pacc/

I want to organize a small coding competition which will have a entry deadline of about a month.

Judges are yet to be chosen and rules arent concrete yet. But basically this will be open to everything: original games, ports, emulators, scene demos, launchers/menus/frontends and backend stuff that makes coders lives easier too. Significant updates to existing stuff will be accepted but the update would have to be pretty significant.

At the moment I have vouched $100AU to the prize pool and Gruso has put up $50AU so we are looking for more pledges. The money will be transfered via paypal to someone the community trusts until the time comes to pay the winners.

If you want to donate towards the prize pool please let me know in this thread and I will keep track of it here. Also please suggest any ideas to make the competition better here as well.

I will be posting this in all the subforums for each device.

Current Donations to prize pool:
Iorgy77 - $100AUD
mac-10 - £25
relliker - 50€
fishybawb - $50AUD
Edy from www.openpandora.es - $250USD
Lafazar - 100€
stickfight - £100
Gruso - $50AUD
Trooper - £50
fbustamantegamboa - 30€
SONY - $50AUD
may88 - £5
Magic Sam - 20€
Emphy - 50€

Pledged Donations:

ALL PLEDGES HAVE NOW BEEN DONATED! Anything we get from this point forward just adds to the prize pool.

edit: EvilDragon will be holding the prize money in his paypal account until the time comes to distribute them. Please contact me on codingcompetion@googlemail.com and I will pass on his paypal address.

Please spread the word on other forums if you can as the more donations we get the more succesfull this community competition can be.

Judges, rules and deadline to be announced by Sunday.

If you would like to offer your services as a judge and own more than one of the four devices please let me know in PM.

If you would like to help in other ways by either offering hosting, web design or graphic design for the webpage or compo spash screens please let me know in PM.

The theme of any splash screen graphics could be the angst of wating over a year for the pandora. :D (In a fun lighthearted way)

Please if you could also suggest someone trustworthy to hold the funds until the compo ends it would also be appreciated.

Sorry guys just want to get the final web address sorted before releasing any more info for the banners or splash screens.

I have worked out the rules and prize distribution, its a massive wall of text so I will post the webpage when its done rather than pasting it all here. I still need more judges and to find someone the community trusts to hold the pot. mac-10 has also generously made a webpage for the competition.

Also need volunteers to translate the webpage into other languages? (spanish, Italian, French for example)

Thank you for your patience and support.

Back