Gp32 Homebrew Reviews Page

don

AWSMOE!
Website
gp32.chemicalkungfu.de
Hey,

After some planning, I decided to launch a page devoted to GP32 homebrew games. As I'm no big gamer, the project depends on review contributions, I already had some discussions with Frolik who plans to do reviews (and already did one!). So if you like or dislike one game, why not give some feedback by reviewing it?
Ah, well, the URL:

http://reviews.chemicalkungfu.de

Please note: This site is for original GP32 homebrew games only! No rom/emulator reviews! Ports are okay though.
Let me know what you think about it, it's planned to be a help for gp32 gamers (and therefore increase the acceptance of homebrew games) and the developers, who get an idea about what people like or dislike about a particular game.

Regards,
Don

don't expect to get any reviews from anybody. I've been asking for help reviewing games for almost a year now that I've had my site and haven't received a single one from anybody. I'm going to do some work on it this weekend, add more reviews. Right now i got 18 i think not including the emulator reviews, but I wanted to dedicate my site to more homebrewn.

Woot, just hit 4000 hits. :D

my site. http://www.gp32exg.com

Looks good so far - just reminded me to download Electronia. Also agree with your review of WWII...

1 and the same..i got sick of that name, after a while i thought it was fruity.

This is an open invitation for Don,

Don, how would you like to team up. Link both of our sites together, whatever you don't review I will and so on. As well as all aspects of the homebrewn scene, programming, game makers, etc. to try to accomplish the feat of having the most complete homebrewn scene info on the web.

Let me know if your interested.

Sure, I am interested - we're a small scene and there's no sense in competing. But you might have misunderstood my intention - I won't be the one who is reviewing all the stuff for sure. If I don't get a decent amount of contributions, I gonna shut it down. I'm still hoping for some contributions - if a few people send in one or two reviews, we'll have a very useful ressource here.

thats a pity really, from personal experience since I've had my page up, i've asked for reviews plenty of times, see my post in warmfluffyuks first review, i never get any responses. So people, please, if you want to submit any reviews, even for games i've already reviewed please send them to either Don or myself. Help us, to help you get the most complete homebrewn resource on the web.

There's a selection of about 10 reviews I wrote just after I joined the scene for GP32emu - if you want (and the GP32emu crew don't mind, bearing in mind the reviews were originally written for them) you're welcome to put those up. If I had time at the moment, I'd offer to write a few more, but tbh, I don't.

Brilliant idea for a site - the reviews forum here goes some of the way there, but its also for emulated games. And there are a LOT of "real" (non-emu) games for the GP now, I do believe.

Are you also accepting port reviews or just "pure" GP32 games, btw?

I was thinking the more potentially ambiguous ones, but not so much as ScummVM (which is effectively an emu) - like GPQuake, Doom, Beats of Rage, etc.

I mean, yes they have the original game, but they're designed to take a LOT of modification, which does lean in the direction of the feel of an emulator. Of course, I don't expect large numbers of reviews of those engines to get written simply because there are quite a few already around, and most people know they'll like them anyway. But in general terms...

Tbh, I consider GPSpout a GP32 "proper" game - it doesn't have the feel of a port at all.

What i'm going to try to do this weekend is break my site down into some more sections. I would like to have a section dedicated to the game engines, like Gigas, Fenix, etc. I am going to do reviews of ports, except Beats of Rage, i do not have the bandwith to host downloads nor do I have a good enough connection to download all the different mods and play them, it would take me forever. Also will try to add more reviews on top of everything else and give my site another make over.

I've got to say that I have checked out your site every now and again, and the problem (for me) is that it's not very user friendly - I hope you don't mind me commenting, but you need to make it look more professional and have a better list of games on the front page for example and maybe the ratings. I feel the same thing when I browse PDROMS except the main problem there is that it is slooooow and that you have to click around to find what you want. Then the spiel on each game is few and far between.

I'm really hoping that we can get Don's new page to cover all these things and it already is looking very promising and fast - I've mentioned a few of my ideas to him hoping to make it the ultimate homebrew site, but as we've been saying - it needs contributions.

well as i've said i'm hoping to have time this weekend to do a major overhaul. And hopefully with Don and I supporting each other and working together on both our sites, that we will be able to create the ultimate GP32 homebrewn resource on the web.

The site is already shaping up nicely, all we need is more folks to get involved so if you have a moment to put down a small game review or you're passionate about a game and want to be heard, do it!

Thanks to everyone who's already agreed to help out

Sorry if someone was offended, but I don't think frolik did some broadband spamming. I think he just asked for help by people writing in this thread, or people he knows from the board.

Back