GP32 In EGM!!!

kram

On page 28 of the September issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly they write about the GP32! Heres what they say:

The Outsider: Meet the GP32, the Kewl Kids' Nerdy New Toy

Hardly a contender in the handheld wars (for starters, it's available only in Korea), the Game Park GP32 is nevertheless becoming an underground sensation among import-savvy gaming hipster-online import store Lik-Sang has sold more than 4,000 of these things. The big deal isn't that the system packs a heftier punch- including a larger (though, not backlit) screen, wireless networking capabilities, crisper graphics, and slicker sound-than Nintendo's GBA. Rather, people are going gaga over what the GP32 lets them do. A USB interface links the handheld to your PC, so you can transfer and listen to MP3 audio files or watch video clips. And you copyright-law-flauntin' types can download emulators and games for just about every classic console, including coin-ops and home-brew titles (the system has spawned a massive amateur-coding community). It's all stored on the upgradeable Smart Media Cards you slip in the unit. The GP32 costs $160 at www.lik-sang.com- or get a special backlit model for 70 bucks more.

Hopefully some master coder will see this article and want to code some full speed SNES and Genesis emulators for us or something. ;)

THey better be, i live in US, and i hope they buy LOTS of gp32's, so it will prevail!
Also, i dont they dont warez stuff off of it either

They should also mention that it can be purchased for a lot cheaper at play-asia, entware, and gbax. Some people might think that $230 for the FLU is too much, and they might now buy it. It seems like nobody knows about these sites.

You can get the UK version here in Sweden too but you have to pay ten times the original price ... :angry:

huja ! :ph34r:

P.S What does FLU stand for, Front Light Unit?

PC Zone are running an article on the GP32 in the next month or two as well. It all helps :D

The Swedish magazine Super Play has also written an (short?) article about the GP32. I have not read it yet, but I friend of mine buys the mag, so I will read it soon.

//emil.

Back