Gp32 Newbie Homebrew Guide

WhizzBang

Grotesque Peasant
Website
Visit site
Newcomers to the GP32 scene are obviously going to be drawn to the emulators, but there also a lot of great homebrew games for the GP32, and I have put together a brief guide to over 200 of them.

It is not as in depth as other review sites and the review sections on this forum, but if you are new and want to know what platform games, or shoot 'em up games, etc, are available take a look. I hope you will be able to tell from my brief descriptions which ones you might like to take a look at.

The reviews are in a Windows help file format that you can download. As and when I get time, I intend to pilfer useful bits from this forums help section and add it to the help file.

Se my signature for a link to the download page.

A fair point, but the Windows Help file format just seemed like a conveniant style format (with links and search functions etc) to do this rather than a long pdf document.

WhizzBang posted on Aug 18 2005 at 05:32 PM said:
A fair point, but the Windows Help file format just seemed like a conveniant style format (with links and search functions etc) to do this rather than a long pdf document.
I agree; anyways long PDF files make my computer freeze- and my computer has 1 gb of RAM(of course it could have to do with me having about 40 webpages open at once :D ). Nice work Whizzbang!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, anything non-proprietary (as in 'readable on any machine') will do.

EDIT: anyway, i'm not nagging - compiling info on all the games is a damn hard job (I know what i'm talking about. ;) )

I agree; anyways long PDF files make my computer freeze

Yeah, I used to have this proble, with 1GB RAM too. Turned out (back in win2000) that windows couldn't use all that RAM anyway, and got really confused by it. Also ran into problems if the RAM sticks are different manufacturers sometimes. I just needed to use all the same sticks at the same size with the same manufacturer - hey - don't ask me why!

Pretty cool :)

May I upload it to the File Archive? :)

Oh, I can send you all the screnshots I have if you want to include them in the guide :)

I can also send you direct links for all the files, if you want to have a download think there :)

This is an excelent idea, but I agree with others who say what about Mac users etc.

You could make it in HTML format, then you would have links an all :)

Back