GP32 Registration Website Service

jcbnetwork

Website
Visit site
GamePark's website has been down constantly during the last couple of months. When ever people come to the boards to inquire as to how to register and get free launcher, they are told to do the alternative registration via IRC.

When you register via IRC, you are obviously sending your GP32's specific ID to some program who then encrypts a version of Free Launcher specific to your GP32 and then it sends it to you. This means that obviously someone out there (NOT GamePark) knows how to encrypt Free Launcher.

Why hasn't this service been turned into a website? One could potentially design a website where a user goes and registers in order to download the utility required to get the GP32's ID. Once the user downloads and runs the utility and obtains the ID, he can then update his profile on the website adding his GP32 ID and then the user is "magically" presented with a link to download an encrypted version of Free Launcher for his GP32. This would even help those people that for some reason or other did not back up their copy of Free Launcher and then need to get a copy of it.

I believe this would be much simpler than doing it the IRC way. You have to understand that not everyone is familiar with IRC and some people have not even heard of it. I've read some tutorials that say the following: "go to IRC on an Efnet server, joing the #gp32 channel and type ..." To someone who doesnt know what IRC is, this is totally useless.

I have been thinking a lot about this because I will be receiving a GP32 for christmas and I don't have high expectations that the GamePark site will be 100% working by then. Although I am quite experienced with computers and would have no trouble doing it the IRC way, I just wished there was a simpler way.

If anyone knows what I would need to encrypt my own version of Free Launcher please contact me at julio@ethnicnet.com. I would be willing to start the GP32 registration service myself if I just knew how to encrypt the Free Launcher myself. Is it as easy as just using a HEX editor and changing the GP32's ID? I may have to investigate this further once I get my hands on the actual machine.

I know how to program in serveral languages, and how to do web design including workign with databases and such. I think a service like the one I described would be quite helpful when GamePark's site is down.

What do you guy's think?

If the tool was public domain it would mean any gamepark commercial game could be pirated, that is the reason it isn't available.

Plus i've ended the registration problem for all my customers by just flashing all the GP32s to MFW before they are sent out.

Its just liksangs customers with the problem.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

Back