Gpbios

Status
Not open for further replies.

NanoTeam

Still Fresh
Hi all,

We are the NanoTeam, a secret dev team with secret projects B)

What is GPBioS ?
GPBioS is just a bios ( not a firmware ) which start directly your own OS if you want.
It's THE answer to many bad Flash !!!
If you choose GPBioS, it's maybe the first but it's surely the last time you flash your GP32.

What it is exactly ?
It's a bios which run boot.bin or boot.fxe on the directory of your SMC
Do you want to boot with wind-ups on a smc and boot with the original korean firmware on an other smc ?
Don't need to reflash your gp32.
It's possible and it's too simple with this GPBioS.

And ?
And others things !!! Do you want to boot to your favourite game, application or emulator ? it's possible with GPBioS
Rename your fxe to boot.fxe on your gp://gpmm/ directory and you'll boot to this application.
If you want to stop to boot with this application, renamme it to the original name. (A or B when you start your gp32 to boot with the kr-en firmware)

And send us your comment . :)

Enjoy and remember :
"It's your last flash !!!" :p

Test our new firmware here : http://www.gpbios.tk

Haven't given it a try yet, but fair warning...hosting official GP32 BIOSs (even as FXEs rather than binaries) falls into the Not A Very Good Thing® category as far as legalities as concerned...even though I doubt it'll cause any harm.

Sounds good, though not really my style; I'd be frustrated by the sectra 3-4 seconds loading something frm the SMC usually results in. Now, if that doesn't exist here, then I'd be tempted...

Good idea though :)

Yeah, there's a short break but it's a pretty good bios if you ask me, I've got my gp32 automatically loading into wind-ups, but I can hit L to goto Darkfader's pc-link, R to goto Squidge's GPDrive v0.4, hit a or b to goto original fw, hit start to goto euro fw and select to goto something else ;P

*note there's even a splash screen for the loading from smc, so it's not so bad

Sorry for another edit, just thought I'd mention if you had multiple SMC's you could set each one to be dedicated, like one for music, one for movies, one for SNES and you wouldn't have to even look at any other program! I'm really enjoying this, now I need more than one SMC!

maltloaf posted on May 31 2004 at 09:29 AM said:
this looks excellent ... just what i wanted... will boot straight into gpcinema on 1 card and windups on another...

im off to flash right now

malty
I can do this anyway with MFW

Last edited by a moderator:
PinkSpider posted on May 31 2004 at 09:01 AM said:
maltloaf posted on May 31 2004 at 09:29 AM said:
this looks excellent ... just what i wanted... will boot straight into gpcinema on 1 card and windups on another...

im off to flash right now

malty
I can do this anyway with MFW
it booting up different apps depending on which smc you have in ?

I have spivs mfw but it boots one app on switch on unless i hold start and select, when I get a choice of 4.. Is it able to boot differently depending on the smc slotted in ?

malty

NanoTeam posted on May 31 2004 at 01:45 AM said:
Hi all,

We are the NanoTeam, a secret dev team with secret projects B)

What is GPBioS ?
GPBioS is just a bios ( not a firmware ) which start directly your own OS if you want.
It's THE answer to many bad Flash !!!
If you choose GPBioS, it's maybe the first but it's surely the last time you flash your GP32.

What it is exactly ?
It's a bios which run boot.bin or boot.fxe on the directory of your SMC
Do you want to boot with wind-ups on a smc and boot with the original korean firmware on an other smc ?
Don't need to reflash your gp32.
It's possible and it's too simple with this GPBioS.

And ?
And others things !!! Do you want to boot to your favourite game, application or emulator ? it's possible with GPBioS
Rename your fxe to boot.fxe on your gp://gpmm/ directory and you'll boot to this application.
If you want to stop to boot with this application, renamme it to the original name. (A or B when you start your gp32 to boot with the kr-en firmware)

And send us your comment . :)

Enjoy and remember :
"It's your last flash !!!" :p

Test our new firmware here : http://www.gpbios.tk
Sorry but Aquafish already did that guyz... ;)

It's a long time a bios that allows us to load .bin or .fxe exists.

Anyway, flashing bios is absolutely NOT dangerous if you have fresh batteries and if you are not an idiot (I did this at least 50 times without ANY problem). ;)

See no offense in my words but I think your project is useless.

didn´t you hear anything about Aquafish´s multifirmware 4.8?
Loading firmwares without reflashing
Loading fxes directly
booting EXTREMELY fast
has Pacrom031 and yafl 0.3 already included

definatelly should try that one

*edit*: oh, and did I mention: Password protection possible.

So GPBIOS USELESS. <_<

I didn't say it's bad but if Aqua can already do all this, why to release GPBios and say "NEW!"?!! :unsure:

People don't know to read when the fantastic Aqua makes a release... :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, Aquafish has done some great MultiFW work, I just also enjoy this new bios as it can directly load GPDrive (even though it's only 0.4) with a hit of the button, no fxe needed on SMC I believe everyone is entitles to use/make/flash whatever bios/firmware they feel like for there gp32. Although Aquafish's has a menu and you can select your own background.

*Also, just because your the second person to do something doesn't mean it's useless!

Hi all,

"Loading firmwares without reflashing" it's wrong, only firmware include in aquafirmware.

AquaFish firmware is a good firmware.
We love this firmware.
GPBios is very simple. Boot on a file, boot.fxe.
This boot.fxe can be an firmware or an application.

If you have an smc with wind-ups, insert this smc in the gp32 and your gp32 boot with this OS
If you have an smc with only MP3Player and mp3s, insert this smc in the gp32 and your gp32 boot with this application and you can listen mp3
If you have an smc with only GPCinema and movies, insert this smc in the gp32 and your gp32 boot with this application and you can see movie. It's simple and fast.
and you don't need a config.ini

Aqua firmware has a bug with the euro pclink.
Our firmware uses FW156e and the pclink works pefectly.

And if you want to boot to a new firmware, don't need to upload a new config.ini
just put boot.bin on your gp:// directory and the gp32 boot to this new firmware...without risks.

It's simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back