Gpfce Rom Selector Background

jpic3yk

Still Fresh
I got bored of the default GPFCE Rom selection screen background and wanted to try something new. I found the default one is a file in the GPFCE directory called "fondo.png". So I made my own .png file and replaced it. When I strated up GPFCE again it didn't show my new picture very well. does anybody know if there are certian colors you have to use or if you are restriced to a certain amount of colors for this?

jpic3yk posted on Jul 25 2006 at 01:37 PM said:
I got bored of the default GPFCE Rom selection screen background and wanted to try something new. I found the default one is a file in the GPFCE directory called "fondo.png". So I made my own .png file and replaced it. When I strated up GPFCE again it didn't show my new picture very well. does anybody know if there are certian colors you have to use or if you are restriced to a certain amount of colors for this?
Yes. Both in format specifics and in number of colors. I found this out the hard way.

Last edited by a moderator:
load up the original picture from the zip and check with a picture viewer like the gimp or whatever. It will show you both format and color range.

Back