Gpfun Mess...

Optimus

Website
optimus.untergrund.net
There were a lot of fails when I tried to use fungp. I would like to talk about them and ask if there is a solution or if I should wait for the site to be fixed.

Step one, visiting to fungp.com.
Strange fail, a pop up window asking me login and password. Apparently it wasn't asking my fungp account which I hadn't made yet at the time. I press cancel several times (I have to do it every time)

Sign-up. First time it worked.
I downloaded PC-Manager. It installed some stuff.
I plugin my Caanoo to the USB, switch on and then open PC manager. It can't be found. There is a button to find device but it does nothing.

Then I tried to plugin my Wiz. I have to first see how the register happens to know what didn't happened with my Caanoo.
In the Wiz it's found automatically and ask me to register, I press Ok.

My Wiz is registered. But I wanted to register my Caanoo. I read the pc-manager manual, I had to uninstall usb driver and install again. It worked!
But now it says "device already registered!" Arghh,. one has to do another account to register each device. I don't like this..

I decided to download Rhythmos with my fungp account. It was slow. Also, when you click the download button a pop up comes up and 9 out of 10 there is no progress, not even if you press the ok button which doesn't seem to respond. I had to close the window and try again. In a lucky moment it worked.

And then, pc-manager, send to device, oh no.. it says "the user information of this download contect does not accord with the current user information. Please check this again and download the contents". But it goes on and sends the game to the device, but the game doesn't work.

Is it because I downloaded it with my account where the Wiz is register?
So I create another account to register the Caanoo. Sometimes in the sign up last step the browser loads a white screen with some error. Accidentally I have also made a lot of accounts which are now occupied. But that's another horrible story. So, one account with Caanoo registered works. I re-download ( a pain because the pop up window starts the download only 1 in 10 tries, plus it's slow for 170MB) and I get the same message.

Sometimes when I download, it copies the files fast maybe in some cache temporary files from my computer, even if I delete the previous files inside c:\gp2x. And so I thought it didn't download the game as Caanoo registered. So I decided to try with another clean laptop, make a new account, install PC-manager there, register my Caanoo, etc. It says "device already registered". Ok I got it, it has some unique serial number or something, so it doesn't register it again. So I go with my very first account to which I registered Caanoo (omg, I just got a flash, I don't remember which was that)...

Ahh, fuck this.. you get the point.
Why is this thing more unusable than everything I have ever tried?
Will they fix it?
I still haven't got the game running. I would be mad if I had paid for this.
Are there solutions or hints?

hmm i had no problems except for slow download speeds, you should use a download upload meter, so you can check that it is actually downloading. The progressbar doesn't update but data still downloads only way to check this is using such tool. (dumeter / freemeter / whatever).

The gp money and redeem code thing is what misleaded me i always entered them in the section for fungp money... So yes the site is badly structured around..

About the pc Manager itselve i had no problems with that except that it sometimes doesn't recognize my caanoo, the trick is to launch pc manger before connecting the caanoo and in the settings of pc manager enabling the search for new devices thing when a new usb device is attached. Then it worked.

As far as your problem is concerned i think you have to create a new account for each device you own, not certain anymore but i thought i had read that somewhere... and you will probably have to redownload it yes... Also make sure you download the caanoo versions (_C) and not the wiz versions (_W)...

Could it be that it's not the problem of gpfun but I am missing some proper opengl lib updates or something? Because even after the warning, it allows me to download the game in the device and the loading starts but then I get a white screen down there. I thought it happens because of the gpfun problem, but maybe not?

no your not missing anything everything needed you already have on your caanoo...

I'm not certain but there are always 2 files on the caanoo when hooked through usb, some *.sys files (2 of them) i think that's used for the drm, although i do not know if they use it...

It's also the reason it's probably not working, you had gotten the message that it was for the wrong device...

Just register your caanoo and wiz on diffrent accounts (if you can still do it) and make sure you download the caanoo version of the game. I do think you'll have to redownload, once you have done so and used pc manager the message should not come again and my guess is the game will work... I didn't had any problems with the games itselve on the caanoo and i had gotten a game pack with my caanoo (through fungp)

I'm having the exact same problem as you Optimus and I've been in contact with FunGP trying to sort this out with no luck. I'm about to just give up and demand a refund because it's just not worth all the aggrevation. I've erased and redownloaded all the games and PC Manager multiple times with always the same problems. The only other thing left to try is to delete my account and reregister my Caanoo but then you lose your coupon codes since they've already been used. If you go onto their community boards you'll see that alot of people are having the same issues. They really need to get their shit straight!

Back