Gph Is Going To Release The F-300

rx_shorty

Website
www.gpark.nl
Just received a email from GPH.

They let us know they are going to produce a limited GP2X F-300.
It is going to be 20.000 units...

P090521005.jpg

Some more pics can be found HERE

Not sure this is if this is what I am looking for ;)

Will it actually be the Vocamaster or will it say GP2x F300 and be in English etc? I think I will probably stick with my normal Wiz but I would like to own it for collect-ability purposes :p.

RX Shorty posted on May 21 2009 at 04:17 AM said:
Just received a email from GPH.
They let us know they are going to produce a limited GP2X F-300.
It is going to be 20.000 units...

P090521005.jpg

Some more pics can be found HERE

Not sure this is if this is what I am looking for ;)

I'm gonna be kinda pissed if it runs better. What are the specs?
(Nevermind, it runs off batteries, hah, totally not worth it.)

Last edited by a moderator:
The specifications are the same as the Wiz. It uses the same hardware but inside a GP2x F200 form-factor and the one pictures is a Vocamaster which has been retailing with the Wiz hardware for quite some time I believe. No one has measured the power draw of the Wiz yet. It's entirely possible, if unlikely, that the Wiz sucks less power than the GP2x and so could yield a better battery life than the F200 does.

It will also of course have a larger screen.

craigix posted on May 21 2009 at 01:24 PM said:
I was just about to post this! I like this idea, I'd rather have that version.
Heh sorry ;)

Well it just the same as the Wiz and will have English yes.
But if it stays vocamaster? Don't know.

I think the Wiz is a better option then this one... It is smaller and has a built in battery...
And looks better ;)

ill stick with my wiz i want to be able to put it in my pocket plus that thing is just ugly and is it oled?

craigix posted on May 21 2009 at 11:24 AM said:
I was just about to post this! I like this idea, I'd rather have that version.
No duh you hate everything wiz lol

Peter R posted on May 21 2009 at 05:55 AM said:
The vocamaster is a language learning tool to teach Korean people English.
There anything that goes the other way around? I really would like to learn Korean

jacksterson posted on May 21 2009 at 09:05 AM said:
Peter R posted on May 21 2009 at 05:55 AM said:
The vocamaster is a language learning tool to teach Korean people English.
There anything that goes the other way around? I really would like to learn Korean
Rosetta stone language learning tool :lol:

I wonder if they're just trying to get rid of GP2X parts they have for some reason.

I wish they could have fixed some of the GP2X F200's flaws in a "hybrid" version. Give it a better dpad, move the USB and power jacks to the bottom, use a Li-Ion battery, give it a stylus holder... really this is kinda lame. Feels more like a mod someone did than a professional product. It sucks that you have to make so many sacrifices to get the compromise of having a bigger landscape screen and better buttons.

Exophase posted on May 21 2009 at 05:41 PM said:
I wonder if they're just trying to get rid of GP2X parts they have for some reason.
The Vocamaster has a F200 form factor and has been, and will remain, selling for a long time. I doubt it is these parts that are the reason.

Peter R posted on May 21 2009 at 05:43 PM said:
Exophase posted on May 21 2009 at 05:41 PM said:
The Vocamaster has a F200 form factor and has been, and will remain, selling for a long time. I doubt it is these parts that are the reason.
That makes it all the more likely that parts would be the reason. Maybe they don't have a surplus but they can still easily manufacture the cases, buttons, etc without having to come up with new designs and molds. Although, are you sure that F200 Vocamasters will keep selling when they're clearly moving it to F300 here?

20,000 seems like a small number but I actually think they'll have a hard time selling that many since Wiz is competing against it and wins on most fronts.

Actually, what I want to know is if they pulled out the USB port in normal fashion and it works properly in device mode, since that's a downside to the GP2X F200 and the Wiz needs a cable for it. And if it can switch to jack power after having booted.

its a small "backdoor" for GPH, to sell units to people that know hadrware wiz's issues [ strange buttons layout / 240x320 oled with screen tearing ] but still thinking about buying some next gen openhandheld. Im pretty sure that this version will be more competetive for Dingoo than Wiz itself [ because of price ].

Hey, Exophase, what do you think if its normal led with different screen controller will it affects games and emulators that using software sceen flipping -> 240x320 -> 320x240?

Exophase posted on May 21 2009 at 06:29 PM said:
Although, are you sure that F200 Vocamasters will keep selling when they're clearly moving it to F300 here?
No, although they have an F200 formfactor (same case etc but with a few minor changes) I was told before by GPH that the Pollux based Vocamaster has been selling already for some time with the same basic hardware as the wiz.

Back