Gph Post Responce On Gp4

icurafu

The Hallucinogenic Elf
Website
gamesreborn.blogspot.com
You may remember a little bit of controversy before about a Chinese company seemingly cloning the GP2X.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=21233&hl=

GPH has responded with this...

http://www.gpx2.co.kr/support/support_suge...o=5177&bunho=28

and links to this site.

http://www.gameshot.net/common/con_view.ph...GA4354b1ea3be3a

Translation of interview by Trimmer...

GameShot:
Do you know about the GP4 which is made by the Chinese?
GPH:
Yes, this is a very serious problem.
GameShot:
Design and Spec is almost the same. What's going on?
GPH:
We met with the Chinese relations in order to have people search the factory, as we have already announced our specs and design.
GameShot:
It is so close in design, it can only be a clone.
GPH:
Now GP4's image is the same as our prototype image, but with our logo removed. See our image below.
GameShot:
GP2X is not lunched, so this makes the issue more serious. What reaction do you have?
GPH:
We will react to this problem locally, but there is no certain way.
GameShot:
So, when will the GP2X be launched?
GPH:
Maybe on the 7th or 8th of November.

See GP4 image below with the "GAME PARK holdings" logo.

A big thanks goes out to Trimmer for all the hard work. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's Black ops time. I hear the Koreans have some pretty extream agents, they can sneak in set fire to the place and write a bunch of french words on stuff and blame it on Quebec.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 19 2005 at 04:36 PM said:
It's Black ops time. I hear the Koreans have some pretty extream agents, they can sneak in set fire to the place and write a bunch of french words on stuff and blame it on Quebec.

You mean it was the Koreans that blew up the Rainbow Warrior in New Zealand?!

Seriously tho, the biggest issue I can see with this if it is a perfect clone is that it may cause GPH to do the only thing they can do, which would be to hold back the release and build something into the GP2X to make it incompatible with the clone...

Would I be blaspheming and evil if I considered buying a cheap chinese knock off?

<runs for cover>

edit: Just checked the pics, the chinese version is white? That's just ghey, no way would I buy it... Altho the GP32 is white and I just bought one of those, hehe.

All the pictures they're showing are just old GPH pics dont put any stock in them, it's the fact they're using this picture and similar specs... there's a chance that even if they did copy it that it might not work as reliably as the original too.

damnit... i hate ripoffs... they do it to DVDs too... theyve made it so that its VERY hard to buy DVDs on Ebay because you are scared you are gonna get a Chinese knock-off.

omg.. in their picture it even shows the Gamepark Holdings logo at the bottom

LMAO!!

i bet if you DO buy one, you will get a cheap clunky rip-off

someone here should buy one, just to see it and its quality and stuff, i think it would be neat.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 19 2005 at 05:39 PM said:
All the pictures they're showing are just old GPH pics dont put any stock in them, it's the fact they're using this picture and similar specs... there's a chance that even if they did copy it that it might not work as reliably as the original too.

Ah right, well maybe they will update to the latest black photos of the GP2X, it looks much cooler :lol:

idigital posted on Oct 19 2005 at 02:23 AM said:
Alibaba! I wonder if the 40 theives had a hand in procuring the GP4 technology! eheh
That website is actually a lead site for importer exporter types. The company that is selling the gp2x clone is Shenzhen Seepu Technology Co., Ltd..(They do not deserve the community's support in any shape way or form imho). :angry:

With a little digging I was able to find all sorts of dubious technology that may or may not make it by your local customs officers. Some of my favorites ... Handheld Game, 8 Bit TV Game, Gamebox,

you get the idea eh?

Why emulate 8-bit on the PSP when you can have a stylish PSP case with a cheap nes clone in it (LCD Screen optional)! Classic

That alibaba site seems to be full of just about every cheap knockoff you can think of, and then loads of variants on the cheap knockoffs :p

Because the PSP is really expensive, so they buy there children something they can afford to be like the other kids.

it looked as though that psp clone was running a master system instead of the usual famicom.

Now if the chinese made a portable snes clone with a few hundred games inbuilt, that would get my attention.

If this isn't just a clone on the case design, surely Magic Eyes will not be supplying boards to this company?

Back