Gpmagazine Collector's Edition

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
As promised in GPMagazine Issue Four I have decided to make the new edition of my magazine with a whole new look, corrected, improved and extended. I have decided that it makes more sense to take the best articles/reviews/interviews etc. from all issues and bring them 'up to speed.'

While some articles etc. may stay the same, they have been checked for errors and ommisions. The majority however have been added to or improved, some completly re-written from scratch.

The magazine (for the first time) will be printed and sold on my website. I'm trying to bring the price down as low as I can, and at the momment I'm thinking about 3 Pounds + Postage, which also covers PayPal costs etc. If you would just like a PDF to download, then that's just 1.75. I'll be accepting mostly any form of payment.

It will be around 30 pages long as usual, printed on half the size of A4. Chances are that it will be printed on white card (Unless you request otherwise) and binded together somehow.

Yes, this will be a home printing job (I brought a printer yesterday mainly for this reason) but it should look good.

I will post anywhere in the world for extra postage cost by the way, and if you anyone wants a PDF of the magazine while you wait for delivery I'll obvouisly send you it for free. Postage to the UK should only be about 80pence.

I have a preview picture of one page below, it's a remake of the Super Mario Bros. review from the first issue. If you take a look I'm sure you'll agree it's very different indeed. It looks better printed than when it does on screen due to borders etc. and sorry about the low quality JPEG. The page is't quite finished, but is just to give an indication of the final product.

CLICK HERE FOR A PREVIEW

I hope to finish it within the next week, so if you're interested in getting a copy then feel free to let me know.

Will you be printing it on color laser or inkjet printer? What type of paper will you be printing on? Will the pdf be $1.75 or 1.75 pounds? Any sponsored version going to be available for up poor folk?

Chris

christo930 posted on Jul 31 2004 at 01:52 PM said:
Will you be printing it on color laser or inkjet printer? What type of paper will you be printing on? Will the pdf be $1.75 or 1.75 pounds? Any sponsored version going to be available for up poor folk?

Chris
Jesus, all hes asking for is £1.75, if your so poor you cant aford that did you steal your GP32?

Ill take one mark. Keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 posted on Jul 31 2004 at 02:52 PM said:

Chris
1.75 pounds. (PS-I can't find the pound symbol of my laptop lol) and the PDF version is really just to compensate for the fact that I might be losing money through printing, I'm not sure yet. What the money will go to I don't know.

Maybe buying advertisment space, maybe prizes. Something.

And unfortuantly it's an inkjet printer, and won't be just some crap lightwieght paper. Proberbly card.

I'm definitely up for this, just because the preview page told me LittleJohn 0.5 was out. I'll get one as soon as I'm paid :D

EDIT: that said, I can't find it anywhere! Was your review about LittleJohn on palmpilots?

adr posted on Aug 1 2004 at 04:16 PM said:
I'm definitely up for this, just because the preview page told me LittleJohn 0.5 was out. I'll get one as soon as I'm paid :D

EDIT: that said, I can't find it anywhere! Was your review about LittleJohn on palmpilots?
I can't remember the version sorry, just a place holder until I can check.

Sorry, although I did think it was 0.5.

Oh right! No problems, the one I have is 0.4, but I've had that an awful long time now (actually lost my GP32 for months). Super Mario Bros actually seems a little bit slow to me, did you do anything to speed it up? I'm on an original non-lit GP32, could it be anything to do with that? That said, it's still very playable, it's the kind of thing you get used to after a couple of levels.

adr posted on Aug 1 2004 at 04:47 PM said:
Oh right! No problems, the one I have is 0.4, but I've had that an awful long time now (actually lost my GP32 for months). Super Mario Bros actually seems a little bit slow to me, did you do anything to speed it up? I'm on an original non-lit GP32, could it be anything to do with that? That said, it's still very playable, it's the kind of thing you get used to after a couple of levels.
? It always seemed full speed to me....try using a NSTC rom. Some dumps seem to differ greatly; some lack the title screen, some are slower etc.

Oh good thinking, mine's probably PAL. That would certainly make it seem slower, although wouldn't my version on the NES have been PAL too?

Edit: Nah, don't worry, I just had a game of Mario and it certainly didn't seem too slow at all, I must have been on some kind of sugar rush last time I played it, or my batteries were very low. If it were an NTSC-PAL difference then the the game would play about 17% slower, which it can't be, that's terribly slow (as I can see from Ikaruga on my Dreamcast), so I'll take your word that it's full speed. I'll try and play the game all the way through later on, if the weather cools down a bit. It's so hot I can't concentrate on anything!

Okay people, the printed version may not be availible. It would be very expensive if I printed it here, or proffesionaly done would be just as bad.

I'll see where this goes, a PDF will still most likely be avalible.

Back