Gpx2 Internal Menory? And 2gb Wireless Sdio?

Zerone

Still Fresh
first of all, does the GPX2 have internal menory which we can save few apprications on... like something to do with internet, the reason i asked is becuase im struggling to find a 2gb wireless SDIO cards, becuae some guy was talking on here that you get them but i canny find it.

Well wireless SDIO cards on ebay are quite cheap, so if some one were to make a driver for it and an program like firefox you could put it on the internal menory. What i really want and i sure that you all want one to is 2gb wireless card but hey...

I believe it's spelled "memory", of which the GP2X has 64MB to save apps on (though you shouldn't and should just leave it to the SD cards).

2gb SD cards are easy to find; look more. They retail for about $125.

You don't need a wireless SDIO card because a wired one is builtin to the GP2X.

edit: Wait a minute, I thought you were talking about a card reader. Now I realize your talking about a WIFI adaptor for SDIO. I think theirs a WIFI adaptor builtin, either in GP2X, XGP, or both, sort of like whats in the PSP.

He's looking for WIFI SDIO Cards with storage included, since i dont know if GP2x have any memory to store things in.

Havent found any yet, but I want one..badly.

And yeah, it got 64 MB nandflash "Internal" Memory.

Blah posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:50 AM said:
You don't need a wireless SDIO card because a wired one is builtin to the GP2X.

edit: Wait a minute, I thought you were talking about a card reader. Now I realize your talking about a WIFI adaptor for SDIO. I think theirs a WIFI adaptor builtin, either in GP2X, XGP, or both, sort of like whats in the PSP.

wow you are just going to confuse the guy.

How about this, there is no 2.0gb wifi SDIO card, you can get a wifi card and you can get a 2.0gb card but those are 2 separate things.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alert: Flaming ahead.
Zerone, if your from a non-english speaking country than I appologize.

If not then maybe you should read a book and go to school more often since your spelling was downright awful. I check some of the other game system boards and notice the usual uneducated posts but this is pretty bad. An SDIO card is the least important thing you should be buying now. I mean geez this is a hobby to play games on a handheld or a console but not at the expense of letting your brain go to swiss cheese. :lol: Sorry but I had a long day and retards like this just make me feel that the human race is doomed. :(

Here's the original post if you think I was too harsh: :ph34r:
"first of all, does the GPX2 have internal menory which we can save few apprications on... like something to do with internet, the reason i asked is becuase im struggling to find a 2gb wireless SDIO cards, becuae some guy was talking on here that you get them but i canny find it.

Well wireless SDIO cards on ebay are quite cheap, so if some one were to make a driver for it and an program like firefox you could put it on the internal menory. What i really want and i sure that you all want one to is 2gb wireless card but hey..."

Granted this a forum and we all have spelling errors from time to time but this guy eats soup with a fork.

scoobydew posted on Oct 16 2005 at 09:38 PM said:

If not then maybe you should read a book and go to school more often since your spelling was downright awful. I check some of the other game system boards and notice the usual uneducated posts but this is pretty bad. An SDIO card is the least important thing you should be buying now. I mean geez this is a hobby to play games on a handheld or a console but not at the expense of letting your brain go to swiss cheese. :lol: Sorry but I had a long day and retards like this just make me feel that the human race is doomed. :(

"first of all, does the GPX2 have internal menory which we can save few apprications on... like something to do with internet, the reason i asked is becuase im struggling to find a 2gb wireless SDIO cards, becuae some guy was talking on here that you get them but i canny find it.

Well wireless SDIO cards on ebay are quite cheap, so if some one were to make a driver for it and an program like firefox you could put it on the internal menory. What i really want and i sure that you all want one to is 2gb wireless card but hey..."

Granted this a forum and we all have spelling errors from time to time but this guy eats soup with a fork.

omg... dude you just wasted like 10min writing that stupid thing.

Your not very smart are you? Lets see... first of all, you are giving crap to someone who doesnt speak english natively (you can tell just by reading it, moron), wich is rather rude. hey at least he is trying. I dont speak english as a native language, i speak spanish, so i know its not easy to know 2 languages perfect. Second of all, this isnt school, this is a forum where we discuss GP32 and GP2X for fun, not to get lectured by dumbasses like you. If you want perfect english go to a damn "english speaking and writing" forum smartass, since you think you are so perfect.

I get so pissed off at idiots like you who start bitching over spelling mistakes. Not only that but you are wasting OTHER peoples time by even bringing it up.

Next time just STFU, even if they ARE uneducated it doesnt give you ANY DAMN RIGHT to criticize them, they are trying as hard as they can, they dont need dipshits like you bitching at them cause they cant spell "Memory". Way to improve the world smart shit, im real proud that you care for the uneducated.

Jengo posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:15 PM said:
scoobydew posted on Oct 16 2005 at 09:38 PM said:

omg... dude you just wasted like 10min writing that stupid thing.

Your not very smart are you? Lets see... first of all, you are giving crap to someone who doesnt speak english natively (you can tell just by reading it, moron), wich is rather rude. hey at least he is trying. I dont speak english as a native language, i speak spanish, so i know its not easy to know 2 languages perfect. Second of all, this isnt school, this is a forum where we discuss GP32 and GP2X for fun, not to get lectured by dumbasses like you. If you want perfect english go to a damn "english speaking and writing" forum smartass, since you think you are so perfect.

I get so pissed off at idiots like you who start bitching over spelling mistakes. Not only that but you are wasting OTHER peoples time by even bringing it up.

Next time just STFU, even if they ARE uneducated it doesnt give you ANY DAMN RIGHT to criticize them, they are trying as hard as they can, they dont need dipshits like you bitching at them cause they cant spell "Memory". Way to improve the world smart shit, im real proud that you care for the uneducated.

Well said.

scoobydew posted on Oct 16 2005 at 02:38 PM said:
[...]

I just felt like doing that. :p

Jengo: It is true that non-native speakers should get a break when it comes to grammar and spelling. BUT, moron that like writing stupidly (ex. "I pWN j00 n00b!!!111one") should be shot. I don't want too have to decipher that, nor should other non-native english speakers. There is a limit to how much "liberty" you should take in your writing.

btw, I'm also from a Spanish speaking country. But, I'm living in the US at this current point in time.

Back to the topic: Remember that we can't get any SDIO card, we need linux drivers. Also, GPH screwed up the USB1.1 host. So, no USB devices for now(change in the final version, or hardware mod).

i think that usb stick i show was usb2.0, is usb 2 host screwed too? and that sucks about the SDIO drivers, why cant ther be freaking standard drivers for every sdio card of a certian type (eg. 802.11b/g)

BBTroll posted on Oct 16 2005 at 04:49 PM said:
scoobydew posted on Oct 16 2005 at 02:38 PM said:
[...]

I just felt like doing that. :p

You missed something. :p

Jengo and Gandysampras it's admirable that you stood up for Zerones honor. I'm being serious.
This forum tends to get fewer posters with bad grammar which is why I visit it more than some of the others when I have the time. This site seems to have a smarter pool of people contributing to the forum which is great.
I can't stand the Eubonics(?) though that some gamers consistently use but I did appologize previously before I flamed him if he was from a non-english speaking country. I couldn't tell what country he was from though from his first post or his ID. Either way oh well.

BTW My friend and I jokingly(partially serious) posted to see if someone would respond with a lengthy explanation of why I shouldn't say what was on my mind. He was harsher than I wanted to be but he did get the point across.
I just made a whole $1.00 for being right. :D

I eagerly await the machine and I hope GPH gets it out sooner than november. Heres hoping. ;)

scoobydew posted on Oct 17 2005 at 01:13 AM said:
Jengo and Gandysampras, it's admirable that you stood up for Zerones honor. I'm being serious.
This forum tends to get fewer posters with bad grammar which is why I visit it more than some of the others when I have the time. This site seems to have a smarter pool of people contributing to the forum which is great.
I can't stand the Ebonics though that some gamers consistently use but I did apologize previously before I flamed him if he was from a non-english speaking country. I couldn't tell what country he was from though from his first post or his ID. Either way, oh well.

By the way, my friend and I jokingly (partially seriously) posted to see if someone would respond with a lengthy explanation of why I shouldn't say what was on my mind. He was harsher than I wanted to be but he did get the point across.
I just made a whole $1.00 for being right. :D

I eagerly await the machine and I hope GPH gets it out sooner than November. Here is hoping. ;)
Anything I forgot to point at? :p Sorry if my correction is not perfect, my native language is German. :D

*I can't use big words for fear of spelling wrong*

No one needs a SDIO card right now, just go get a regular SD card and forget SDIO for now.

OrR posted on Oct 16 2005 at 11:23 PM said:
Anything I forgot to point at? :p Sorry if my correction is not perfect, my native language is German. :D

You all got served you best recognise!

Nothing pisses me off more than people with a poor grasp of the English language polluting forums with their mindless banter... of course you have to remember those who are geniunely dyslexic.

And we dont all gotta write propper!

I want a SDIO WiFi card.

That way I can NFS into my home computer from any wireless hotspot and have access to my collection of Video, Pictures, ROM, ISOs, etc.

Back