Graphics Query

snurty

Still Fresh
I have spent some time learning the basics of Fenix but I have struggled to find much around use of more than one graph within a process and the use of Z to dicatate the graphic level.

I worked around this by using only one graphic within a process and via trial and error found z=-1 seems to put the graphic on top of others on the screen.

Can anyone let me know how you can use more than 1 grpah in a process and the ranges for z and what they do?

Many thanks

Imerion

A lower Z-value will put things "closer" to the screen and a higher value will put them further away. So if one process has z=2 it will be drawn above one which has z=8.

As for more than one graph, I am not quite certain what you mean. Each object can only have one graph (I think), but you can change it anytime. If you need many of a certain graph, you can simply call the process many times or create different processes.

This page might come in handy when learning Fenix : http://fenixdocs.com/index.php/Fenix_Wiki
By now, It has loads of info and examples for most of the commands. Might be worth to check out.

iprice

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
Yes each "Process" can only use one image at a time, but you can run multiple instances of each process at a time and you can update the image at any time, independently of every other process.

snurty

Still Fresh
Thanks for the responses. I got the running a process several times at once and that was fine I just wondered if it was possible to move 2 different graphs in the same instance of a process at the same time. It would appear the answer is no.

Thanks also for the info around Z= thats obviously why my -1 value worked.