Graphics Query

snurty

Still Fresh
I have spent some time learning the basics of Fenix but I have struggled to find much around use of more than one graph within a process and the use of Z to dicatate the graphic level.

I worked around this by using only one graphic within a process and via trial and error found z=-1 seems to put the graphic on top of others on the screen.

Can anyone let me know how you can use more than 1 grpah in a process and the ranges for z and what they do?

Many thanks

A lower Z-value will put things "closer" to the screen and a higher value will put them further away. So if one process has z=2 it will be drawn above one which has z=8.

As for more than one graph, I am not quite certain what you mean. Each object can only have one graph (I think), but you can change it anytime. If you need many of a certain graph, you can simply call the process many times or create different processes.

This page might come in handy when learning Fenix : http://fenixdocs.com/index.php/Fenix_Wiki
By now, It has loads of info and examples for most of the commands. Might be worth to check out.

Yes each "Process" can only use one image at a time, but you can run multiple instances of each process at a time and you can update the image at any time, independently of every other process.

Thanks for the responses. I got the running a process several times at once and that was fine I just wondered if it was possible to move 2 different graphs in the same instance of a process at the same time. It would appear the answer is no.

Thanks also for the info around Z= thats obviously why my -1 value worked.

Back