Release Gravitation

foxblock

Asleep
A port of Jason Rohrer's fourth game "Gravitation".

It's similar to "Passage" (not in terms of gameplay, but use of mechanics to convey a message), yet very unique and immersive in its own way.

Again it's using SDL, image and sound in an unusual and interesting way and It's probably easier to get into than "Passage" and has a more varied gameplay as well.

It can be downloaded here: http://repo.openpand...tation.foxblock

Runs full-screen by default (press 'f' to toggle), use the D-PAD to move and any action button (except the shoulder buttons) to jump. START or ESC (FN+Q) to quit.

(It's not using 100% of the available resolution as it's using integer scaling, which is not only faster and easier to do than arbitrary scaling, but also looks nice on the pixel art).

The game's website (for an creator's statement, Windows and Mac builds as well as the source code) can be found here: http://hcsoftware.so...et/gravitation/

Again I am happy to hear your thoughts and feedback on the game and port.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just surprised you switched from "I'm coding games" to "I'm porting games". Else keep up with the good works :)
Oh I haven't switched, there are just some games I want to play on my Pandora (so I said to myself I was gonna port them as soon as I get my Pandora and here I am).

Also I am a lazy fuck and won't ever get into porting business seriously as I don't find that much fun and hate fiddling with somebody else's code - so it's only easy ports for me currently ;)

Also thanks :)

Oh and it's a good way to test my dev-setup as well as PNDTools, which has made the whole process rather easy so far (including PXML creation), which I am glad of.

Another nice port, thanks Foxblock :)

I find I really have to be in the right mood for Jason's games. But I think they really capture what they set out to, if you're into somewhat cerebral gaming mechanics. Always charming, too.

Nice, heard a lot about "Passage", but I think I never really tried it. These kind of games are probably perfect for the Pandora, and do not work as well on the PC ... well that is my very subjective opinion (I guess you would like to take these kind of games with you to a different place to fully enjoy them).

Anyway, they both go onto my list of ".PNDs I will definately try and probably love once I get my Pandora". Thanks for doing this for us! (Or for doing it for yourself and sharing it with us ;) )

Back