Grayscale Tv Out

J201605

Website
google.com
I ordered a tv out cable and extender from gp2xstore and it works great but the picture is grayscale. I have heard people mention this in the past but I have never heard a real solution. Is there any way to fix this?

There are a few causes for this:

1) Your TV isn't in Svideo mode, in which case you need to switch it to Svideo mode.
2) You are on the wrong AV channel (similar to above)
3) Your TV foesn't like PAL/NTSC SVideo... try the other output on the GP2X TVOut.

If those fail to fix it, you might need to mod your cable for composite video output.

well i ordered a 4 dollar svideo toi composite adapter and it should arrive soon so ill try that

Let me know how you get on, on my old 28 inch tv the tv out setup i have works fine, however on the brand new 37 inch i have its always black and white !

well, you can "fix" that easily by just connecting the chroma and luminance pins together which would give you a kind-of-composite signal.

yeah, what I did was same as you Jackd, I got an inline s-video to composite adaptor, for about £3. its just a plug with s-vid pins on one side and a yellow-phono composite on the other. that worked fine.
doesn't really matter to me that its only a composite signal, it hides the jaggies a bit ;)

thanks dunny ill give that one a try right now. The composite adapter helped a bit but it isn't consistently colored. Im assuming that if i tweak the svideo like that then it will fix it even when i put it through the composite adapter.

Back