Greader2x V0.3 Released

Coder

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
The latest release of GReader2X has been uploaded to the File Archive, it includes the following changes:

* Background images
* Multiple keys for each action
* Gutenburg paragraph collapsing
* New progress bar
* Page Up/Down works in file selector
* Text Justification
* Screen rotation
* Zip archive handling

In addition, I've released the source code under the GPL and set up a sourceforge project to help manage the project. Take a look here for the latest version. The source is available via CVS from that site.

Additional information and documentation on configuring GReader2X is available here.

As ever, this is still Beta software, if you find bugs, don't be surprised, but do report them. You can report bugs either here, or at the Sourceforge project page.

Thanks

Coder.

can you had mp3/ogg player like in viewerDM? not realy a problem, i use madplayer with a script but can be usefull for common user

sehs33 posted on Mar 23 2007 at 02:22 PM said:
( 1+ vote for adding basic MP3 support :) )

Do me a favour, pop over to the Sourceforge site http://sourceforge.net/greader2x and add it to the feature requests.

I'm trying to centralise all this kind of information and sourceforge seems the best place.

Besides, if it's over there, I'm not likely to forget about it.

Cheers,

Coder.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yod4z posted on Mar 23 2007 at 12:28 PM said:
can you had mp3/ogg player like in viewerDM? not realy a problem, i use madplayer with a script but can be usefull for common user

How can people read Text AND hear music? :lol: I never had this ability. I can concentrate on text OR concentrate on Music, not booth. :lol:

Uh, nice reader but crashed my GP2X completely at first. Afer selection an working dir and enabled the rescure-wrapper function in gemenu2x its working. :)
But important request: The scrolling should be much faster! I don't like to scroll line for line (or page for page), I prefer the speed like the original reader while holding the stick in one direction it continues in smooth scrolling.

fusion_power posted on Mar 23 2007 at 03:14 PM said:
How can people read Text AND hear music? :lol: I never had this ability. I can concentrate on text OR concentrate on Music, not booth. :lol:

I don't know, I con't like a lot of noise when I'm reading either. Still, if enough people want it, I'll look at adding it.

Uh at nice reader but crashed my GP2X completely at first. Afer selection an working dir and enabled the rescure-wrapper function in gemenu2x its working. :)

Any idea what caused the crash? By working dir do you mean the docbase?

But important request: The scrolling should be much faster! I don't like to scroll line for line (or page for page), I prefer the speed like the original reader while holding the stick in one direction it continues in smooth scrolling.

I've got autorepeat of keys on the todo list, but not pixel based scrolling.

Add it to the Feature request on the sourceforge page and I'll take a look at it.

Cheers,

Coder.

Coder posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:34 PM said:
Any idea what caused the crash? By working dir do you mean the docbase?
Yes, the default doc base.
I had deleted my old cfg and all other files of my old greader version (my default doc base was /mnt/sd ) and then installed this new one her in the folder. But I hadn't deleted these old bookmark files for each doc. Hm, I dont know if this could have something to do wit hit. Somehow the reader starts at the beginning of the text when something in the main cfg has changed like font size or bold or so. Thats bad because I have LONG texts and so I always have to scroll all the long way per hand to search and reach the lost bookmark. :( The bookmark-function should be much more secure.
And for fastest scrolling maybe there could be an input-option where I can set a Line-Number or % Number to reach this point in text. :)
No smooth Pixel-Scrolling? :lol: Ok but a non-stop-scrolling really will help. Could be done with a short delay after pressing a direction with the stick, first line per line scrolling, then after a half second or so endless scrolling. :)

fusion_power posted on Mar 23 2007 at 04:18 PM said:
Yes, the default doc base.
I had deleted my old cfg and all other files of my old greader version (my default doc base was /mnt/sd ) and then installed this new one her in the folder. But I hadn't deleted these old bookmark files for each doc. Hm, I dont know if this could have something to do with it.
Possibly, the new version uses a different method for word wrapping so the bookmark files only contain the current position. The old bookmark files also contained an index to every line in the document. So using an old .tlb file could have caused problems.

Somehow the reader starts at the beginning of the text when something in the main cfg has changed like font size or bold or so. Thats bad because I have LONG texts and so I always have to scroll all the long way per hand to search and reach the lost bookmark. :( The bookmark-function should be much more secure.
You're right there. I've made a note to have a look and see why that is. changing fonts etc may make your bookmark move slightly within the file, which is a bug I have on my list, but it shouldn't go back to the beginning.

And for fastest scrolling maybe there could be an input-option where I can set a Line-Number or % Number to reach this point in text. :)
Hmm, I've had a request for a move to top/bottom of the document, hopefully that combined with auto repeat on the keys will allow you to move around the document a lot quicker.

No smooth Pixel-Scrolling? :lol: Ok but a non-stop-scrolling really will help. Could be done with a short delay after pressing a direction with the stick, first line per line scrolling, then after a half second or so endless scrolling. :)
Now I didn't say I wouldn't do smooth pixel scrolling, it probably wouldn't bethat difficult, and it's a handy feature to have so I will probably do it. I'd just like you to add it to the feature requests on the sourceforge page. That way I have a record of who wanted what and things don't get forgotten about.

Cheers,

Coder.

Rivroner posted on Mar 23 2007 at 08:23 PM said:
I can´t download it :(
where from?

You can get it from the File Archive or from sorceforge.

I had made a simple BG-image so the Greader2x fits better in my "Liquido" Menu-theme:

I also recommend this color settings in .cfg if you want to use this pic:
Code:
MenuHiBG=6679A3
StatBarBG=404F6E

Back