GTA V Trailer released

Asmo

Advanced Member
Not with any suggestion of a release date or platform specifics, but obviously aiming to remind people that they haven't gone away even if they don't have anything for your Christmas stocking this year, the only very recently announced GTA V trailer has landed:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/H8CTS3yth-s?feature=oembed
Some juicy stills from it here:

http://multi.systemlink.me/2011/11/everything-you-missed-in-gta-v-trailer.html

It's a return to (mostly) San Andreas' world - and no bad thing by the looks of it.

When, though, is now the question.

Is the new city 'VINEWOOD'??

Thought I saw that at the end.

Crop dusting and mountain climbing? I think I'll give this one a miss. I have enough trouble sticking to the plot of Driver, without having even more distractions.

I was hoping they wouldn't do yet another US city, but if they're expanding the scope along the lines of San Andreas then it could rock. I hope they've optimised that engine though. GTA IV runs poorly on every platform - so how are current gen consoles going to handle an updated title? Will there even be a PC version, given the lack of Red Dead Redemption on PC and the massive LA Noire delay?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing 25% of the missions, then spending the next 12 months blowing up cops.

I was hoping they wouldn't do yet another US city, but if they're expanding the scope along the lines of San Andreas then it could rock. I hope they've optimised that engine though. GTA IV runs poorly on every platform - so how are current gen consoles going to handle an updated title? Will there even be a PC version, given the lack of Red Dead Redemption on PC and the massive LA Noire delay?

Anyway, I'm looking forward to doing 25% of the missions, then spending the next 12 months blowing up cops.
Ah yes GTA LONDON :D

Good graphics and good gameplay seem to be mutually exclusive these days...this does not bode well for GTA V.

Is the new city 'VINEWOOD'??

Vinewood is the mini "Hollywood" area of the L.A.-alike city in GTA San Andreas. So the game is apparently a return to the San Andreas game world - though obviously with a serious bit of spit and polish!

Crop dusting and mountain climbing? I think I'll give this one a miss.

Wasn't there crop dusting in San Andreas? There was a crop duster plane on a farm at least, and some pretty appealing crops. The mountains were fun - well, cycling off the top and deploying your parachute was. Helicopter to the summit beat walking, though I'm wondering if they've installed a cable car since I last caused mayhem there.

Will there even be a PC version, given the lack of Red Dead Redemption on PC and the massive LA Noire delay?

There is a lot of speculation that the PC version might be a combo of Download only / Physical version only with Online purchase at some point. GTA IV's online activation BS convinced me that console versions were the way to go.

LA Noire lost it's gloss pretty quickly, bargain buckets are heaving with it. Too much dialogue when all you want is to hit that sandbox with your tommy gun.

Back