Guesstimations For The Second Batch?

Izolo

Still Fresh
Hi, I've been following Pandora for awhile now and I was wondering what the general consensus is on when the pre-orders for the second batch will take place. I know I probably won't be fast enough for whats left of the first batch (though I'm still gonna try.)

Anyways, I remember reading sometime around March, but with the current problems the first batch is having I know it will probably be pushed back. Anyone got any clue???

The general consensus is, that it's not possible to give a date right now. The current problems will partly lose their relevance for a second batch, though.

listen, nobody even knows when the first batch will be ready - and that includes the devs. if completion date of first batch is still anybodys guess then how the hell can anyone tell you when the pre-orders for second batch will be?

We won't be able to give any kind of timeframe until the first batch is (at least mostly) finished. Once all the first batch orders have been made and shipped, we can see where everything stands as to parts availability and factory lead times and come up with an accurate plan for the second batch.

It is really worth speculative guessing? I think it would make more sense once the first batch is out the door, or at least close to that time. In others words, as Chip says :)

Squidge said:
It is really worth speculative guessing?
What a silly thing to say. Speculation is what we idly type with our hands that aren't holding a Pandora. It is that or consoling our selves with the small advantages of grabbing a second batch console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's assume that first batch is finalized(as in assembled and delivered) due to Q1'09(January-March timeframe). This, however, is very pessimistic guess, but May/June 2009 for second batch would actually make sense - everything gets delayed and nothing can be written to a stone these times.

Calmatory said:
Let's assume that first batch is finalized(as in assembled and delivered) due to Q1'09(January-March timeframe). This, however, is very pessimistic guess, but May/June 2009 for second batch would actually make sense - everything gets delayed and nothing can be written to a stone these times.
How about a more down to earth question of when can we expect second batch pre-orders?

audovoice said:
What a silly thing to say. Speculation is what we idly type with our hands that aren't holding a Pandora. It is that or consoling our selves with the small advantages of grabbing a second batch console.

I just think it's a little strange speculating on the second batch when the first batch hasn't even been built yet, never mind been shipped.

Squidge said:
I just think it's a little strange speculating on the second batch when the first batch hasn't even been built yet, never mind been shipped.
and actualy this is a very sad sentence now that we have (nearly) January 1. 2009 ... :(

Until a plain old Credit Card ordering system can be reliably established, second round preorders would be 'problematic' at best, I would imagine.

I was wondering the same thing today. (I will order one as soon as it's possible, so I'm extremely interested!) Anyway, what we know is that it's going to be after batch one has been finalized. Also we don't know when it's going to be finalized, so it's pretty logical that a date is impossible.

Back