Guuuuuuuh (tv Out Problem)

Russell88

Still Fresh
Unless I'm quasi-retarded, I ordered something I can't use at the moment. As in the TV Out Cable.

Connecting the TV Out Cable, the red and white cables to the back of my TV... Easy. No big deal.

But the S-VHS port? I don't even seem to have one. Am I missing something blatantly obvious?

Do most TV's have one or what? I wasn't imagining I'd have to buy a converted to be able to make this work.

Eh, any help/advice would be appreciated.

Lots of modern TVs don't have S-Video ports, sadly.

I got a SCART to S-video converter, cost me about £3 off ebay. Works like a dream, but be warned - S-Video quality isn't brilliant.

Duddyroar said:
Lots of modern TVs don't have S-Video ports, sadly.

I got a SCART to S-video converter, cost me about £3 off ebay. Works like a dream, but be warned - S-Video quality isn't brilliant.
Hmm. So my TV gaming experience definitely won't be as high quality as what I'm seeing on the GP2X?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, and if you need to convert it to composite, its going to be even worse.

You have to remember however what your doing here, converting a 3.5" screen to 20" or more. It's never going to look as sharp.

Depends on what you do with it, really... I remember playing NES over an RF Coax connection on a mono TV and being quite happy with it =)

That being said, SVideo is nicer than composite, but I'm sure 80% of the population wouldn't even see the difference. So neither SVideo or Composite will ever be as nice as your sharp LCD screen...

If you don't have svideo on your tv , use an svideo to composite converter thingy, as Duddyroar put it (which would cost you 5$CAD on average)

...and be happy =)

S-video is better than composite. The luma and chroma lines are separate in S-video, combined in composite. Some scart connectors take S-video and all modern televisions take scart. The video quality is poor on a large television as Squidge stated.

Back