Harry Potter And The Half Blood Prince

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
Having got the last two books on the days of release i will be heading out tonight to pick up my copy at midnight.

I'm hoping for a more solid story from the latest offering, increasinly i've found that the beginning and end of the books are the only bits worth reading (when it comes to plot) increasingly the school year just seems to be there to get to the fantastical ending.

I've heard that her editors have been a lot tighter with this one, which i think is a very good thing, the concisive story telling of the original three books are what truly bought about the obsession that exists around harry potter.

Most of us can't have helped but pick up on who is rumoured to be killed off in this book, so lets not try and be the big man and post here about it.

my lurking of GBS has pretty much convinced me as to who has and hasn't died in this book.

it has only served to gently massage my ego however as i have been predicting this since like book four bitches.

spray posted on Jul 15 2005 at 11:16 PM said:
my lurking of GBS has pretty much convinced me as to who has and hasn't died in this book.

it has only served to gently massage my ego however as i have been predicting this since like book four bitches.
poops i think you just told me subliminally who it was biatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Klown posted on Jul 15 2005 at 11:27 PM said:
It's the old joke silly. I wouldn't give away the real death.
I think I know who it is anyways. it's pretty obvious. Not that I'm going to say and I don't want it confirmed, though I know someone will tell me within like 2 hours of release...

Well, I actualy have no problem with people beeing into something (let's take some unrelated example: Reading Harry Potter). However, I realy worry about obsesive people, that wait in a line for hours just to get it right after midnight. Can't you wait another, say, 10 hours? Or even a few days if it is out of stock? I just don't get it. It's not only the Harry Potter readers, it's also those Star Wars fanatics, or those so highly addicted to video games, that they have to get a console a few minutes after it is released.

and I think the person to die is one of those five:

Darth Vader
Sauron
Frodo
Luke Skywalker
Bill Gates

Horscht posted on Jul 15 2005 at 11:37 PM said:
Well, I actualy have no problem with people beeing into something (let's take some unrelated example: Reading Harry Potter). However, I realy worry about obsesive people, that wait in a line for hours just to get it right after midnight. Can't you wait another, say, 10 hours? Or even a few days if it is out of stock? I just don't get it. It's not only the Harry Potter readers, it's also those Star Wars fanatics, or those so highly addicted to video games, that they have to get a console a few minutes after it is released.

and I think the person to die is one of those five:

Darth Vader
Sauron
Frodo
Luke Skywalker
Bill Gates
Nah you're wrong there, it's Mr. Ed the talking horse.
Shat I spoiled it :( Please don't ban me.

I don't understand waiting until midnight. Surely after queueing up, getting the book and getting back home again, it's time for bed?

Seems like a waste of time.

but they may have all sold out oven though they have preordered it and will definitely have sufficient amounts.

IT IS MINE!

hp9aj.gif

My local WHSmiths (and former places of employment) was holding a midnight opening, i drove down the high street first and was shocked to see so many people waiting to be let in. The pavement was packed and its a big pavement, believe me!

I laughed to myself at various young twats trying to hide their own feelings of wasted youth as they attempted to pick on some of the early teenaged kids queueing up. as with all these people engaging them soon makes them leave, some hip emo scenester soon plodded off after i attempted to chat to him about how cool it was to see people out like this.

right, now i'm off to read...

My girlfriend dragged me out to Waterstones for 12 and I pissed her off greatly by reading the last two pages of it whilst she was waiting in the queue which was fun.

The queue itself was massive. It went right up the street and round the corner. Good job we got their early cos I bet there are still some people waiting there now.

Back