Have Considered....

Kumaki

What would be the price difference to trade in an older, working ReBirth...on a 1Gig version?

And is there a way this could be done that does not leave me without a Pandy for a while - example, I pay the difference, get the Gig version, with a return label, and then send the Rebirth back?

Buy a 1GHz Pandora and then sell your rebirth edition upon receipt of your new Pandora.

Not sure ED or Link do trade ins. Pretty sure that your return label idea would be open to abuse.

You're in luck, EvilDragon considered that as well. The price difference between ReBirth and 1G is $200, I'm not sure if that's in your range or not but it's a good deal in my mind.

The standard model has you ship in your old one and then EvilDragon ships you the new one, but if you really don't want to be without you may be able to sweet talk him into breaking protocol since you've been around for a while and proven yourself reasonably trustworthy.

edit: oh, you'd need a new case then as well, so $220 for the upgrade.

He may not go for this though, I think part of the upgrade is that you keep your old LCD screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any 1GHz units right now, my suggestion would be to order from ED, or try to sell your ReBirth and then order from Ithic.com once it is sold.  It should take 2-3 days for the package to arrive after you order, when I have them in-stock.  ED is just waiting on a new shipment of LCDs to fulfill my request for resupply.

This is not an immediate thing.  This is something I'm considering over the next month or two.

My point was this:

I am traveling up to Boston sometime in November, I think...and Vermont would not be much further.

Wondering if there was a way if Link and I could meet up and do a swap, with the extra money having been paid upfront via paypal.

^ Were Link is located in the north west part of VT ( a tad bit south of Burlington), it's about 3.5 Hours away from Boston.. Maybe quicker if you like breaking speeding laws...

Last edited by a moderator:
^

Stopped doing upgrades due to shipping costs, and parts I need to keep on hand for RMAs/warranty work, not fixing upgrade units.

Well, shipping costs would be no problem in this case.  And, yes, I'd make the 3.5 hour drive, no big deal, for precisely the reason stated, I want to avoid being Pandora-less.

I don't mind parting with the money up-front, via Paypal, I just do not want to go a week without Pandora...between shipping the unit up, and shipping it back - and if shipping costs were a concern, and I could NOT drive...and I was willing to be Pandora-less...I'd even pay both ways shipping.

If there is a way one could do an upgrade, even if it means coming to NW VT, I'd like to do that.  This will likely be some time in November...as the time gets closer, I will know better my travel plans.  I'm not currently sure when my trip to Boston is happening, it depends on how quickly my Petitions are returned to me, so that I can personaly deliver them in Boston.

Go on then... I'll bite... what are the petitions for (and why do you need to hand deliver them)?
The Petitions are to get an item added to the Agenda for General Assembly for my church next year.

I am delivering them in person in order to get press coverage by our church's national newsletter to the issue at hand.

If you are a Unitarian Univeralist, you will find out about it soon enough already, if you haven't already.  The Petitions are being delivered to every single congregation in North America.

Of course...seeing as you are in the UK...maybe you would not hear about it...I believe Europe has it's own Association for Unitarian Universalist congregations.

T

his is specifically dealing with North America.  Bad me, I keep assuming everyone is an American.

Back