Have Received Refund But No Email As To What To Do

zames007

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi all

As title states, just checked my account and found a refund from openpandora sitting there which was a bit of a surprise as I've not received the email about it and had thought I'd been lucky. Anyone else had this? Can one of the devs shoot me the email so I can get on an reorder.

Cheers

Here is the link to the email in full.

Credit/debit card re-orders are not possible yet as the link isn't available.

editted link

Last edited by a moderator:
zames007 said:
Hi all

As title states, just checked my account and found a refund from openpandora sitting there which was a bit of a surprise as I've not received the email about it and had thought I'd been lucky. Anyone else had this? Can one of the devs shoot me the email so I can get on an reorder.

Cheers
I called openpandora.org yesterday as i am in the same situation. They said the emails should be expected in the next 10 days

I think they should leave it as long as possible so people are inclined to pay bay xfer. Then launch the CC order system as late as they can.

Don't lose out on a bit of on the banks fee then.

djmaddis said:
zames007 said:
Hi all

Cheers
I called openpandora.org yesterday as i am in the same situation. They said the emails should be expected in the next 10 days

I think he means cancellation email. Which contains details of the extra ram, their account information, and what to do next.

I don't think its legal to take credit card orders for a product that doesn't exist yet. That may be the real problem here: someone at the bank got wind of the fact that orders were being taken for a non-existing product. Sure, *we* trust Craig&Co. to get the product out there, but banks are very, very sketchy when it comes to pre-orders and so on ..

I would imagine it won't be safe for Pandora Inc., to start taking orders for the Pandora using credit cards, until there is actually a single Pandora made, and the production line is actually delivering final products. I think this is really whats going on: credit card processors are saying a big fat "No!" to Craig&Co., until they've got a product to ship. Otherwise, its illegal to take a credit card order. (Chargeback liability is not something banks want to mess around with).

Blaming "the world financial crisis" on the situation is a bit, shall we say, tactful, eh ..

torpor said:
I don't think its legal to take credit card orders for a product that doesn't exist yet. That may be the real problem here: someone at the bank got wind of the fact that orders were being taken for a non-existing product. Sure, *we* trust Craig&Co. to get the product out there, but banks are very, very sketchy when it comes to pre-orders and so on ..

I would imagine it won't be safe for Pandora Inc., to start taking orders for the Pandora using credit cards, until there is actually a single Pandora made, and the production line is actually delivering final products. I think this is really whats going on: credit card processors are saying a big fat "No!" to Craig&Co., until they've got a product to ship. Otherwise, its illegal to take a credit card order. (Chargeback liability is not something banks want to mess around with).

Blaming "the world financial crisis" on the situation is a bit, shall we say, tactful, eh ..
I think there might be something to that line of thought!
Afterall, if it were legal, surely more companies would do it, and I've never come across this before...

I have a friend who's quite high up in Barcleys (Does factoring and that kinda stuff), if he doesn't know then he can find out!
I'll ask him, and start a bankers POV thread with the inside info, just because we all want too see the Pandora succeed doesn't mean we have to take everything the devs tell us at face value...

If this is the case though, it just means the teams stronger in the realms of hardware and software then it is in terms of finance and website updates :D
(Would also mean we would have to start taking everything we're told by the with a grain of salt as well though :( )

maxSteiner said:
torpor said:
I think there might be something to that line of thought!There is exactly zero truth in these suppositions. There is no law in any country that I am aware of (Certainly not in the US or UK) preventing a company from selling a product on a pre-order basis, provided that it is clearly a pre-order transaction. I am aware of the banks actual decisions and have a pretty good idea of the reasoning behind them, and it has nothing to do with Pandoras existing or not. I am not at liberty to discuss the details, but rest assured that Openpandora did nothing wrong.

I'll ask him, and start a bankers POV thread with the inside info, just because we all want too see the Pandora succeed doesn't mean we have to take everything the devs tell us at face value...
If you do, it will be deleted. Craig and I will be more than happy to lay out all the gory details after this whole situation has been resolved. Until it is resolved, supposition and finger-pointing can only make things worse.

Ermm.. I just checked with my bank, who I happen to also be working with to set up credit card processing (for software sales). It is a fact that Credit Card processors are *not* allowed to take orders for products that are not shipping to the customer within a 30 day period. This is true in Europe, UK and the US. To do so violates a number of laws governing credit cards and such, so ..

Interesting...

edit: I wonder if that is why the credit/debit card link is not up yet? Would make sense and be totally understandable.

TaG said:
Yep, contact your mate at Barclays and hope that isn't Craig's new bank...
craigix said:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon. There will be a credit card fee as a %.

It would have been online this weekend but my dell laptop chose to die.

What were the chances of that? :D

torpor said:
Ermm.. I just checked with my bank, who I happen to also be working with to set up credit card processing (for software sales). It is a fact that Credit Card processors are *not* allowed to take orders for products that are not shipping to the customer within a 30 day period. This is true in Europe, UK and the US. To do so violates a number of laws governing credit cards and such, so ..
Seems logical as no page is up for credit card orders(or is it somewhere I haven't read of yet clearly mentioned under the 10/25 thread "Pandora Footwear" at post 31 line 2). :lol:

I'm disappointed as I just received the Pandora reorder email today(i'm in the US) and will be seeing my money refunded hopefully soon. I emailed openpandora back on the status of the credit debit card reordering page too. I had hoped I was one of the two or three of you out there who wouldn't receive the email as I placed my order at the very beginning. Still sucks though. :)

TaG said:
TaG said:
Yep, contact your mate at Barclays and hope that isn't Craig's new bank...
craigix said:
We hope to have the credit card system set up via Barclays very soon. There will be a credit card fee as a %.

It would have been online this weekend but my dell laptop chose to die.

What were the chances of that? :D
That extra % fee gets applied on the customers backend correct? That's my assumption here. I already paid $1.50 currency conversion fee on my first preordering so what's another one for a loyalist. :p

Hmmmm, between the VAT reduction and this possible extra % fee there should be a little more cash to help the O.P crew out :D

Sup guy's, found out today that I got a refund on the 24th. How easy is it to pay by bank transfer?

Can I do it by going to my bank and doing it, don't fancy doing a bank transfer online.

torpor said:
This is absolutely false, at least as far as the US is concerned.
The Fair Credit Billing Act, which is in force in the US for mail, phone, fax, and internet orders requires that the seller inform you of estimated shipping dates, and if it cannot fulfill the order, allow you to cancel and receive a full refund.
Since the Pandora makers have an uncertain shipping date, their responsibility under the Act is to make refunds when someone requests an order cancellation. That's it, and from what I've read here, they are indeed refunding when so requested, so there is not a problem with compliance with US law.

j.pickens said:
This is absolutely false, at least as far as the US is concerned.
The Fair Credit Billing Act, which is in force in the US for mail, phone, fax, and internet orders requires that the seller inform you of estimated shipping dates, and if it cannot fulfill the order, allow you to cancel and receive a full refund.
... right. That act states that if the order cannot be fulfilled according to the terms under which the order was placed, then a refund must be given by the credit processor. As OP's *BANK* are the ones who have to comply with this act, them closing Craigs credit account is *entirely reasonable*, since the obligation to fulfill the credit-card orders by shipping product - In November - will not be met. And what bank wants to be liable for over a hundred thousand pounds worth of chargebacks in one month, eh? (Not many in these trying times, that is for sure)

So the bank is perfectly within its rights - as it must comply with this act and its European equivalent. Someone should not have told the bank that there were going to be shipping delays, possibly, if they wanted to keep the credit account open and functioning. Or, the shipping delays should have been factored in and the original pre-purchase order agreement should have been "we promise to ship you the product some time before February 2009" or something else along those lines ..

torpor said:
So the bank is perfectly within its rights - as it must comply with this act and its European equivalent. Someone should not have told the bank that there were going to be shipping delays, possibly, if they wanted to keep the credit account open and functioning

Again, you are making assumptions which have no relevance to reality. The bank has been uncooperative since the orders were placed, and the delivery date of the units was never the issue.

Hello eveyone, can I make a bank transfer by going into an actual physical bank, or do I have to do it online? Because I don't know how...

Back