Have you ever been in a fight (random street fight or physical altercation with a person or animal)?

Have you ever been in a fight? (random Street Fight or physical altercation with a person or animal)

• Total voters

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
In my entire 36 (almost 37) years of living, I've never been in a fight and that's why I just want to know what it's like.

So...Have you ever been in a real fight with a person or animal? Please, do tell.

tumblr_msh4luvxFW1scncwdo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
you'd like to know what it's like?

pretty much awesome if you win.

pretty darn bad if you lose.

so far my ratio is 1:1.

its probably best to avoid situations which might end in physical confrontation.

odds: 3 against 1

result: maxillary sinus ruptured on one side, one Sony Clie PEG-SJ22 lost (which hurt more then the fracture)

lesson learned: does not translate well in english and the odd experience of police officers and fireman arguing wether I can't get to the emergency room by myself

Hmm since I am Dutch and therefore had to endure a lot of pestering in my youth here in Germany I was in a lot of fights..

That was not really hate against foreigners, don´t jump to conclusions :D , it was more a fact of me being a single person

that's different and the Turkish and Italians had a lot of friends and family :D

But my last real fight was about 20 years ago and I am not planing to do it again...

There are always reasons for a fight, most of them can be solved with talking or just walking away. 

I am not a really aggressive person but I will attack anyone who will attack my family, since I am 1,86m and weight 130Kg (Fat bastard :) )

and used to do shot-put this is not so likely to happen.. Most people try to avoid make me angry :D

Outside of my former martial arts club? Not really.

I've encountered a lot of aggressive douchebags but somehow always managed to avoid real fights if I don't count the extremely violent behaviour of my much older brothers which could be hardly called a fight seeing how I was still a little child.

The problem with me in a fight would be, that since I'm quite small although sturdy but know some very mean tricks (dislocating joints, breaking bones/necks, etc...), I'd do either some serious permanent damage or not much at all and both would have dire consequenses, so I try to keep my distance as I do most of the time anyway.

Not in many years. In my youth I ended up in several fights, sometimes against more than one person.

I never did start any fights or pick on anyone. If someone picked on me or got fresh with me I would stand up to them.

I didnt back down and this lead to fights.

On occasion i was in a fight because someone attacked a friend of mine.

Stupudity of youth. You couldnt convince me to fight nowadays if you tried.

I got into a fight on the way home from the pub once. Me and a friend were walking home ( too later for a taxi ) and we were asked by a couple of guys from up north if we had some cigarettes ( we don`t smoke ) we said no...

We crossed the road to the same side of the road as these guys ( they were with girls ) 

Minutes later we were jumped from behind and a fight insued.

They were geordies!!

I had a pretty interesting experience. I learned martial arts for while and got confident enough that I went to a special tournament. It would be held on a resort island compete with some ancient ruins. It seemed like there would be no way I could go, but my Uncle (who is an electrician) sponsored me to go.

When I got there it was not really what i was expecting. The whole thing was being put on by this pretty old looking guy who had a couple screw loose. But there was not turning back now, even if i wanted to, I was basically stuck. It also became apparent pretty quick this weird event had attracted some odd ball competitors too, ill get to this later.

So the rules of the tournament were pretty basic a best 2 out of 3 with single elimination. The matchups were supposed to be random and who ever was left would go onto to fight the house champion. It became apparent after a while the head guy and the champion had something going on.

My first matchup was against a woman who seemed pretty talented and flexible. She tried to have me throw the match since she said needed to go further to investigate illegal activity. I came this far I wasnt just going to flop over.  Well i was able to come up on top and get the next round, didnt see her around after that. It was too bad she was cute.

Now there were other matches and lets say there seems to be some bending of the rules, some of which scared me a bit. Basically some matches were uses weapons or gimmicks to intimidate. Like this one guy tried to bull whip his opponent. One guy some how got snowballs (maybe closer to packed ice) in. One lunatic even tried to pull a knife.

Next round was against some inflated ego manic, acted like everyone should know him. I thought about it later and though I remembered him from some made for tv movie or something.

Well he couldnt back up his talk with his technique and I won the round again. The real wierd thing was at the end of my second round the old guy (acting all weird) striaght up and yells finish him.

Didnt really know what that was about and i went on my way to get ready for the next go, I was getting near to the finals.

Well I was in for a surprise the next round, my wacked out uncle somehow entered the tournament. but he isnt quite the fighter he used to be at his age. But it was all good in the end and i think we bonded at the end.

So now i made to the final round and it was against the wack job with the whip. He also had this real tacky yellow uniform. Well I knew he was going to pull that whip trick so as soon as he threw that thing (if you can believe he yelled 'get over here') around i ducked and gave me the biggest upper cut. The idiot flew off his feet knocked clean out. Couldnt even make it to the second round.

I couldnt believe i won this crazy thing, but now I got to have go at that behemoth of man, if he was a man. He was pretty slow and so I used my quick evasive abilities and wore him down. He got a couple grabs in and tossed me about (it was like he had 4 arms), but it wasnt enough. I floored him with a flying kick id been working on as my trump card.

The old man was over the edge with this and went into a fury. I wouldnt normally fight some one so old but the geezer ran down into the arena and attacked me. So I defended well enough against the first round of attacks and then I countered and knocked the old guy out. Everyone seemed pretty shocked at the whole thing.

Well I had enough weirdness and I tol my uncle lets get of here before someone gets upset about the old guy getting knocked out. On the way back my uncle tells me the tournament will be held again next year and theres bound to be more competitors to test my skill against. At this point I dont think I can take experiencing something like that again.

Too many to count on my youth,

also, some fights are quite impossible to just turn away, or doing so makes things even worse.

I was mugged and assaulted in a period of three weeks back to back in middle school.

The assault took place on the worst day of my life in that school year. It was the final hour and a bully was trying to physically rip me out from  my seat.. after refusing to budge he got in front of my face and screamed "Bring it on bitch!"

I snapped as a part of my head with glee said "As you wish!" And I drove my fist up across his jaw staggering him back a few feet. I got in front of the desk and he punched me across my jaw. knocking me over the desk... I just stayed there for a bit breathing feeling nothing. I turned around met eye contact with him and threw back my arms let out a roar worthy of a viking battle cry and charged him driving his body into the door behind him. I grabbed his head bashed it into the door a few times and threw him on the ground. he tried to crawl awhile but I hopped onto his back and held him down. he grabbed my ear nearly tearing it off I snatched his hand and held both of his hands with one arm and in retaliation I grabbed his long hair twisted it and drove his face into the ground. When ever he struggled I drove his face into the ground. After 6 times he stopped and just went limp. When the teachers "Broke us up" I had him like a police officer onto the ground. The fight was over... 

After being suspended (Zero tolerance bullshit)

I was going to my locker. I was late for class and my combo wasn't working. I got slammed against my locker turned around and saw 5 Hmong kids staring at me  surrounding me. 5 kids who frankly were low life pieces of shit. The leader (the one in the centre) demanded money from me, money which nobody would have had. I looked around me both exits were blocked. If i screamed they'd attack me, I ran they'd attack me. I knew my options. I let out a sigh and slouched my head down as I placed my right foot on my locker. They took it was a sigh of a defeat and i  heard the beginning of   laughter... I was simply relaxing my body for want came next. In a split second immediately after slouching down my head and counting my options i drove all of my weight onto my foot and launched myself in a jump kick off of the locker. I grabbed the leader's head and drove it into the brick wall that was opposite my locker.

The others scurried away like cockroaches leaving their fearless leader screaming "COME BACK HERE! GET THIS PSYCHO OFF ME!" I repressed the first instinct to drive his head into the wall till he was knocked unconscious and stopped moving, I threw this urge into the back of my head and simply latched onto his back like a monkey. I twisted his back flesh and made him scream riding him out to the main hallway making sure he made as much noise as possible so somebody would break up this bullshit. It worked, an older man heard the commotion saw what was happening and pulled us off, and took us to the office. The Hmong leader was freaking out at this point calling me a psychopath. I got suspended for a week since  zero tolerance and the school counselors tried to bring race into the equation treating the person who attempted to mug me with pity. After his suspension (Two weeks) he came back bragging in every class how he strangled somebody over his break... A part of me deep down in side hopes he would have attacked me then because after the incident and the fact my father screamed at the counselors he would sue every one of them and the school if this shit happens, camera's appeared all over the school. But people feared me after that..

I don't like fighting. I see it as pointless and trivial I never saw enjoyment or entertainment from it when ever it occurred.  I saw 5-8 fights a day in middle school. I used to have to shove people who got tossed out of fights back into fights just to get to class. When everybody told me highschool would be worse I was afraid I'd have to kill somebody in self defense!

In highschool 9th grade I had some punk pull out a broken butterfly knife at me trying to immediate me after i stood up for a  friend he was picking on. he pulled out his knife he bought in the math class a few periods earlier and held it to his waist in a loose grip. I looked him in straight in the eyes held out my arms in the magician Tadaa style puffed up my chest and took three steps closer to the blade. I did all of this while staring him in the eyes. 

"Go for it, that knife enters me your life is over." I growled.

If he would have attempted to stab me the closer distance would have caused the knife to get caught on my shirt and bounce off of my ribs. this would have caused him to stagger to the right and as a direct result this would allow me to either drive my elbow into his extended his arm fucking it up, if he dropped it i'd would have kicked it across the room and drove his  head  into my knee. If He would have held on i would have  drove his hand into his leg and then drove his head into my knee and most likely kick the blade.

Instead he gulped, and in his eyes i saw pure honest terror. He folded up the knife and walked  back into the crowd.. which simply went back to their desks and NEVER spoke of this event to anybody. Latter on I had a big kid named Isaac whose only advantage in his life was his size pick me up my collar of my shirt. My friend from murray who knew about my experiences there was trying to pull Isaac off of me, for isaac's safety not mine. he was there face to face growling at me and  went from limp to instantly clawing at his nose. I barely touched it but that split second reaction and snarl caused him to drop me and run away crying running into walls. he could never look at me and always avoided seeing me after that...

Back