HaXe

monty

Hello all,

I'm attempting to install and run HaXe for a new project I'm involved with. Unfortunately I've hit a problem ... And another ... And another ...

Firstly, to install HaXe I need Objective Camel, or ocaml. I couldn't find ocaml on the opkg package manager (but I'm not at all familiar with package managers) so downloaded the source code from the web site. In order to make this I appear to need the 'make' program. I've downloaded a copy of the source code for this but even the ./configure wouldn't work.

So my question is this: is anyone prepared to walk me through the process of compiling these various dependencies---hopefully by some less convoluted route than I took myself? As a Linux new comer I'd be very grateful, and you never know, it might be advantageous to have the Pandora in some way associated with our work (about which I am not yet allowed to speak).

Thank you,

make is available as an opkg package,

run the os from an sd card (your nand will fill up in no time with any dependencies you need)

search the forum/wiki for compiling 'bollocks' style (on the pandora)

then see what happens when you do a configure and make, might need no further work, might take you weeks/months of package hunting and ugly hacks, all depends on what it depends on

(should do a proper search for ocaml if you didn't already

sudo opkg update

sudo opkg list | grep "cam" (or similar, cam would find ocaml, camel, iwanttocamyougood etc)

sudo opkg install <packagename>

)

Thanks, I'll try that over the weekend. HaXe is pretty free of dependancies---thats one of its charms---so I may not need to put the OS on a SD card.

I'll report back.

Back