hdmyboy on Kickstarter

There is another thread about this.  Even if this doesn't happen there are other similar projects that probably will.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that in such cases, there is always the valid argument "becasue I/we can", but I have no idea why anyone (except the guy/guys that had/have the idea in the first place) would want this. If anybody around here wants to back this, could he explain his motivation to me ?

I know that in such cases, there is always the valid argument "becasue I/we can", but I have no idea why anyone (except the guy/guys that had/have the idea in the first place) would want this. If anybody around here wants to back this, could he explain his motivation to me ?
Nanoloop

Nanoloop
thanks, but could you elaborate more on that ? From my point of view, you use nanoloop for the GameBoy because you want to use it on the Gameboy, otherwise you would use it on another device. Or is this a case of "sigh, nanoloop is so great on the gb, if only it would be more stationary" ?

Sorry.  The version of nanoloop I use does not work on the Super Game Boy, and even with a backlight in gameboys it is not exactly easy on the eyes at times.  For me it is easier to stare at a tv for hours than a tiny, low resolution screen with bad contrast (although they are better now than when they were manufactured).  The demo version can be used on emus and flash carts, but it is not complete, so I cannot create full songs or save with it. 

There is truth to "nanoloop is so great on the gb" but there is more to it than that, and I prefer it not to be stationary.  Although you can get close to the sound you want with something close, such as an emu or SGB or another gameboy, not all of them sound exactly the same, so it helps to compose amd play on the same device, and mine are each modded in different ways which can also affect the sound.  I also use nanoloop for Android, which is a different thing entirely, yet based on the original version. 

Coming from my Chiptune phase. Each revision of the DMG cup has different sound quality or certain waves they like. Like my DMG 0-6 is good at bass. Its difficult to get the same sound from emulation. So from a chiptune standpoint this is worth it. Especially for a visual effect.

I was going to reply with "like watching shitwave on a big screen?", then remembered that shitwave will work fine with emus.  I suppose some people are picky about what is kicking out the audio for it.

I was going to reply with "like watching shitwave on a big screen?", then remembered that shitwave will work fine with emus.  I suppose some people are picky about what is kicking out the audio for it.
I've seen the results of using two modified DMG's especially with one slowed down.. Makes quite interesting bass. I was heavily into chiptune, but the 8BC community isn't as happy and friendly as the openpandora community. So I quickly fell out and had no desires to continue once my rom carts died. Community liked my Pixel art though... I enjoyed doing that  :wub:

the 8BC community isn't as happy and friendly as the openpandora community.
That comes down to one person taking advantage of the community and running it into the ground in the quest for a little money.  We can discuss this elsewhere, but the shadiness has been archived and is available to show the kind of things that were going on.  I lurked there for a long time without posting before it died.  It didn't have the right feel for me.  The community that formed to avoid the problems there seems friendly enough to me, and not so different than what you have for the Pandora.  I have never been hardcore into it since I only use it as a part of the stuff I do, and I am not a purist.  There is still some really cool music being made and other nice projects.

That comes down to one person taking advantage of the community and running it into the ground in the quest for a little money.
Why doe that bit sound familiar... <_<

Back