Help for 1 ghz newbies.

Matt2k

Still Fresh
Greetings,

I would like to think that I'm a rather competent person in figuring out how to get things to work. Heck, I'll even comb over message boards hours at a time looking for answers. I'm am at a loss now and I hope this is the right place to ask. I just got the new 1ghz Pandora yesterday and have been having a blast tinkering with all the emus and apps. I have however have been faced with a few interesting setbacks.

rRootage and Super Geometry Dust refuse to boot at all. I got them both from the repo.

Now I don't know if this is because I'm trying to run it on the 1ghz as I haven't seen any vids of anyone else running it.

The last problem I'm having is really making my head turn.

I trying to load the most simple of roms into Mupen64. Super Mario 64.

I keep getting a SIGSEGV error. My research of this error pertains to mostly other roms that don't load, however I keep seeing vids of this loading. I've tried 3 different versions of this one and I keep getting it. Again, I'm using the most up to date version on the repo.

Any and all help will be much appreciated.

Finally receiving the Pandora, I look forward to participating in the community.

Your problem with Super Geometry Dust is quite strange, I can use/play it without any kind of error. Did you try re-downloading it?

I can't tell you anything concerning the other two problems, I didn't try to use either of the programs.

Did you try out other roms with mupen64?

I just downloaded all of those apps to try on my 1GHz Pandora and I had no problem playing rRootage or Super Mario 64 through Mupen64. I tried running Super Geometry Dust and the screen just flickered and then did nothing. Just for the fun of it I tried running the Super Geometry Dust PND through pnd_utils and it seemed to run just fine. It was a little fast but maybe that is how that game is supposed to be.

Yeah, I've re-downloaded multiple times, and have tried 3 different versions of the Mario rom.

I've noticed a few threads here and there about the sd cards being formatted a certain way. I didn't format mine. I just took them new out of the package and used them like that. Would that cause any issues?

If the Pandora can access the cards, there shouldn't be a problem.

Up to 32GB, I think, they are formatted as FAT32 and you can use/see them, if they are bigger than that, they are formatted as exFAT and you couldn't use them at all...

I just checked preferences and they are both FAT 32. Is there anything else I should check out?

Hm, I couldn't think of anything...

You did install the comunity codec pack already?

If not, perhaps that would be worth a shot...

IIRC some games needet certain codecs to run properly. If not someone feel free to correct me.

yeah, I got that, but that is for sound and video playback. The only connection I can make between all 3 programs are that they are 3d. Are there specific drivers that I need to install to get that working or is that already in Super Zaxon?

Your problem with Super Geometry Dust is quite strange, I can use/play it without any kind of error. Did you try re-downloading it?

I can't tell you anything concerning the other two problems, I didn't try to use either of the programs.

Did you try out other roms with mupen64?
I have a few issues with Super Geometry Dust not loading on my 600Mhz pandora with superzaxxon 1.51. Its either a segfault or "Couldn't open dpads"

But does it do that all the time?

I'm on the newest superzaxxon on a 1GHz Pandy, didn't encounter that problem up till now and I played SGD quite often.

I'm sorry that I couldn't help you SirLister...

Last edited by a moderator:
yep, the desktop just flashes quickly and that's it.

Thanks for trying to help.

An update on Mupen is that the screen goes black, I hear 2 clicks, and then it goes back to the frontend.

Got another query. When the Pandora turns on, it shows Super Zaxon 1.5. I noticed that there was a fix release that came out as well. Is the Zaxon that was shipped with 1ghz the most up to date version?

Mine got shipped with 1.51. But I read about some with 1.5....not sure about it. Just download it from here http://boards.openpa...-v151-released/ and follow the given instructions in the first post. Backup your settings if you got some on NAND (pnd on SD won't be hurt).

Nice. I've found a few others that have quit-on-launch problems as well. I'll update when I get back from work today.

Thanks for your help.

Super geometry dust has a problem with its startupscript. Set both nubs to joystickmode before starting it.

Hope wermy will update it soon.

Maybe this workaround will help for some other apps, too.

Alright! I reflashed with the newest release of Zaxon and the games and emus all boot except for Super Geometry Dust. I'll wait for a fix for that. Thanks everyone for your help!!

As said, just set the nubs to joystickmode from the settings menu before you start it. Its not that hard :)

How can you tell from the System Information if you have a 1Ghz 512Mb model?

I haved used:

cat /proc/cpuinfo

cat /proc/meminfo

This I think shows that I have 500ish MB of memory, and the CPU info shows the speed I am running the IC, but I don't know how to check it's a 1GHz CPU clocked at 1250Mhz, rather than 600Mhz that is OC'ed.

Anyway, I just wonder how you can prove you have the 1Ghz 512Mb version from the OS. I couldn't find a "System About" function from the GUI..

If it reaches 1250MHz, it is a GHz model, I don't know of any Rebirth units that clock that high.

there was that one guy on a 600mhz 256mb unit that was able to clock at 1.33ghz. his pandora was awesome

Back