Help! I Think I May Well Have Bricked My F100!

kfc v lot

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
:eek: Well i took out the batteries and then put some fresh ones in (at least they should be),
then i go to turn it on only to realise it was turned on when i put the batteries in! And now when i
turn it on the screen just flashed white then goes black.

Have i bricked my GP2X f100? If so what can be done to fix it???

Try another set of batteries. You already speak out your doubts about the "fresh" set. If they're rechargables and have been lying for too long, voltage may well have dropped below the critical level despite the fact that the batteries haven't been used.

As far as I know, you can't brick any handheld by replacing the batteries when the switch is on. The moment you remove the first battery, it's the same as putting the switch to "off" and when you replace the last battery, it's the same as putting the switch back to "on". Nothing more.

Squirrel61 said:
Try another set of batteries. You already speak out your doubts about the "fresh" set. If they're rechargables and have been lying for too long, voltage may well have dropped below the critical level despite the fact that the batteries haven't been used.

As far as I know, you can't brick any handheld by replacing the batteries when the switch is on. The moment you remove the first battery, it's the same as putting the switch to "off" and when you replace the last battery, it's the same as putting the switch back to "on". Nothing more.
Thank you, you have lifted my doubts of it being bricked, as i type i have a set of batteries on charge. The thing that worries me and still does a bit is the fact that usually when its low batteries it just starts the boot screen then turns off or doesn't turn on at all. Whilst this i get a black screen that occasional flashes white.

Once again thank you :)

EDIT: Well the batteries have charged, and i have put them in and its fine now :) thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back