Help with choosing some speakers for my TV

Garrett

Advanced Member
My TV's built in speakers are on their way out, but I've tried a few small portable ones via it's audio out jack & all is well.. I can't really afford a TV replacement atm & otherwise am perfectly happy with the TV.

Can you guys suggest some worth looking at.. as cheap as posible please.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought a samsung sound bar. 

I got it for free with my credit card rewards program but I am fairly happy with it. It's worth around 250ish.  Also my TV is samsung so it wirelessly syncs with the TV and works with your current remote.

You would probably be after something like this since you have a lg tv.

http://www.betta.com.au/lg-nb2540-sound-bar-2-1ch-wired-subwoofer-120w-414560?gclid=CKO0wZDNy8ECFYEHvAodM2AABg

Oh yeah if you are an audiophile do not listen to this advice.  This is great because it works with your current remote controller (Or it should if it's like samsungs wireless sync)  

Nice telly, I have the 670T model, same size same year :)

I don't have additional speakers hooked up, but those Samsung sound bars are nice, they don't take up much space and have good [enough for me anyway] sound for films and such

"As cheap as possible" means there is literally no room for reccommendations based on any other consideration. Given those parameters you can google the cheapest speakers yourself.

"As cheap as possible" means there is literally no room for reccommendations based on any other consideration. Given those parameters you can google the cheapest speakers yourself.
I do have some budget flexibility
This is what I meant by specifications being needed.

Really awful speakers (e.g. some second hand earbud (yep, singular) that originally came with a kiddie's toy) might cost 5p

Top-end ones might be more like £5000

Do you want two-channel stereo? 7.1 channel stereo? mono? built-in amplifier? external amplifier? big floor-standing jobbies? long thin sound-bar? small bookshelf style? Good bass response? especially flat frequency response? good high frequency response? wood-effect? modern-looking?

There's an enormous range of speakers available. You can even make your own if you really want to.

On a smaller scale, the current issue of Which? has a roundup of TV soundbars if you're more concerned about aesthetics than raw audio, and aren't into spending many hundreds of pounds on floorstanding monsters. Your local library may have a copy.

Back