Help With .ini Files Please.

NEIL L

I'm totally stumped!
I've got 2 games (the NeoGeo Pocket emulator and DosBox) these won't run from the 'game' folder and I had to put the folders into the root of the SD card.
Is there any way to get these to run from the 'WIZ GAMES' menu with an .INI file? (Or can you use a .GPU in the 'game' folder pointing to the .GPE in the root?)
Any help would be great. (I've had no luck getting this to work so far!)
Cheers, Neil

I think you can point the executable in other folder like /dosbox/dosbox.gpe from the .ini file.
Or you can use a script with .gpu extension to launch from game folder.
You can create all the .ini files in the Wiz with IniMaker.

IniMaker only looks in the game folder, I'll update it one of these weeks. Anyway, look at the wiki tutorial, something like this should do:

Code:
[info]
name="DosBox"
path="../Dosbox/dosbox.gpe"

After .., the path starts from the card's root, and remember it's case sensitive.

Thanks for the help, I've tried everything but still no luck!
The folder in the root on the SD card is called 'dosbox' and the application is called 'Duke1.gpe' (I've also made an icon called 'dosbox.png')
This is the .ini I would have if the 'dosbox' folder was in the 'game' folder and not the root:

[info]
name="Duke Nukem 1"
path="/dosbox/Duke1.gpe"
icon="/dosbox/dosbox.png"

What do I need to change, I've tried putting in the ..'s as mentioned in the above post with no success.

Cheers, Neil

Edit: I just noticed the edit on Hardyx's post above about using a .gpu script in the game folder, what would this have to say?

Back