Help with Neko Project II

lunarwhale

Just got my Pandora today so I may have missed something obvious, but I'm having trouble getting Neko Project II working. Whenever I try to open it, it just doesn't work. Here's a link to a PasteBin where I dumped the output log, if that helps. A quick look makes me think it's a permissions issue of sorts, but I'm not really sure if that's correct or how to work with that information. Thanks!

Sorry if this is the wrong board, by the way. Wasn't sure where I should ask a question like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
CCF's post against that repo link might be helpful for the first time. Indeed it does look like a permissions issue. Perhaps doing as CCF suggests and creating the appdata folder (/media/[sd]/pandora/appdata/xnp2/) for it might help it have the right permissions on that folder.

It's a bug in the program if that works, sure. I guess there's not many people using this program to ensure it gets fixed, but hopefully Cloudef will see this and if we are lucky make an update.

Thanks, that ended up doing the trick! Now just gotta mess with the settings so I can maybe get some games running smoother.

I would love to see this updated too, there are a bunch of good english translated rpgs on the pc98.

What would be the prime things to look for for the PC-98? If I try to google around, I get a bunch of people going "Eh, eh...like, uh, gurls. With no cloths. Duh. Eh. Me like, eh...like", but very little beyond that. Hardcoregaming101 has some small things mentioned, but not much there either. Where would one look to get "The PC-98 primer for westerner who have actually seen real women"? :D  

What would be the prime things to look for for the PC-98? If I try to google around, I get a bunch of people going "Eh, eh...like, uh, gurls. With no cloths. Duh. Eh. Me like, eh...like", but very little beyond that. Hardcoregaming101 has some small things mentioned, but not much there either. Where would one look to get "The PC-98 primer for westerner who have actually seen real women"? :D
PC-98 was full of love simulators indeed. One of the japanese owners of the Pandora said he liked this emulator because he could replay his old classics (love simulation ones) from the days... guess that was about it! 

Haha, truthfully, I'm not too sure of a good place to start looking either. I'm not really into those types of games, there are just a couple of RPGs and adventure games on the system that have piqued my interest (Giten Megami Tensei, PC98 version of Policenauts). From what I've looked into, lewd content may as well have been a requirement for any game published on it.

Not entirely true, the pc98 has a lot of rpgs.

Some of them where even translated in English, for example the farland story series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear you :) But is there any webpage or anything that you'd recommend if you want to find out what there is?

There is also Dungeon Master, but it is not so easy to play because you'll have to use the virtual numeric keyboard

A much more burning question: how many of these "better ones" have English translations?

Short list, but still cool. I've heard about the Farland Story, shame only the first 6 have been translated.

Back