Hemp Case for P2

Link

ithic.com
Website
www.ithic.com
Hemp can also be made into compressed door panel and dashboards. Carmakers such as Ford, GM, Chrysler, Saturn, BMW, Honda, and Mercedes are currently using hemp composite door panels, trunks, head liners, etc.

These composites are less expensive than dangerous fiberglass counterparts. Hemp fiberglass replacements would only cost 50 to 70 cents a pound. These hemp composites could replace carbon and glass fibers, which have environmental and weight problems, and run from 60 cents to 5 dollars a pound.

The reason why virtually all European car makers are switching to hemp based door panels, columns, seat backs, boot linings, floor consoles, instrument panels, and other external componets is because the organic hemp based products are lighter, safer in accidents, recycleable, and more durable.

The possibilities are endless with hemp plastics and resins, and Biocomposites. Virtually any shape and purpose can be fufilled by biocomposite plastics. Just think of the possibilities and realize that biodegradable non-toxic products are always the wisest choice for the future.                                                                                                                                                                                                 
I was at the Green Festival in San Francisco a few months back and was also there in 2010.  Ford was talking about hemp use for internal components in 2010.  Also Lotus has been using it as well:

http://www.lotuscars.com/gb/engineering/eco-elise

Being a rather big fan of hemp, this appeals greatly to me on a certain level ;)

I have been using hemp for:  soap, shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, chapstick,  shaving gel, dietary supplement, clothing (pants, shirts, dress suit, underwear, socks, winter jacket), shoes, deodorant, backpacks, digital scale, laptop tote, and medicine. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This is horribly offtopic... But if hemp can be a part of a car, wouldn't waiting for help after a crash not be so bad? I guess that also means being stranded on an island wouldn't be either... I personally want an aluminum case or something shiny that is durable and looks cool.

I don't see why this is any more off topic than any other topic in the Pandora 2 "SPAM" section..

man what can hemp not do..

^^^^^Hemp can't save the world. Hemp can't avert global warming. (if global warmings actually real.Who knows.)

Hemp can't make me a millionaire...wait maybe it can... Its called dealing...

Back